Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think is the worst player on grass in top 100?

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
SCHNYDER. dear god there have been so many of these threads lately...

·
Premium Member
4,866 Posts
lenavee said:
Schnyder is terrible on grass but she has never done anything to improve its like she doesnt care
Why should she? It's four weeks out of the entire season, and even if she really worked on it, with her style of play, it would be very hard to do well on the surface.

·
Registered
47,688 Posts
lenavee said:
Schnyder is terrible on grass but she has never done anything to improve its like she doesnt care
She really doesn't. :tape:

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Catalina Castano :eek:
Patty Schnyder :rolleyes:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Schnyder has a Birmingham semi to her name and several maindraw Wimby wins, no way she can be the worst. Even though she lost to Antonella Serra-Zanetti last year. :haha:

·
Registered
26,884 Posts
Um Try Schiavone Went Out In First Round Of Wimbledon Last Year To Kristina Brandi

·
She's coming for your faves wigs
18,368 Posts
Cough Shiavone Cough

·
Premium Member
21,311 Posts
nickwhittle14 said:
Um Try Schiavone Went Out In First Round Of Wimbledon Last Year To Kristina Brandi
Brandi is a very dangerous player on grass. Her best surface.

Schiavone played OK last week in Birmingham, and is into the Eastbourne QF's this week. She is definitely not the worst in the top 100.

·
Registered
17,699 Posts
There are a few ones, but those who are VERY far from their level on this surface are:
- Patty Schnyder (I even wonder why she always plays there instead of taking 2 weeks holiday)
- Catalina Castano (her match against Navratilova! :x)

·
King
28,742 Posts
Andrew.. said:
Why should she? It's four weeks out of the entire season, and even if she really worked on it, with her style of play, it would be very hard to do well on the surface.
She should at least try shes a professional she should compete

·
Registered
23,442 Posts
Catalina Castano is quite awful on grass.

Schynder losing to Serra Zanetti last year puts her very high on the list.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
selyoink said:
Schynder losing to Serra Zanetti last year puts her very high on the list.
I saw that match. As I wanted Patty to win it was one of the most frustrating I've ever seen, though she did actually fight quite hard and saved a match point in the second set I remember. The low bounce just got to her in the end though...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts