Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMHO the worst currently is Marija Cicak, she has a long record of awful calls from this year and she fails to admit when she's blatantly wrong and I don't mean generic stuff, but sometimes she forgets the rulebook even. I find it mind-boggling that she keeps her job as a high-profile umpire. But then again I suspect that there's a lot of cronyism in those circles.

Other bad umpires: Mrs Zhang, Mrs Mrozinska, Mrs Kjendlie

Also whoever this guy was.But Zhu's behaviour is also a very bad sportsmanship.

Reactions: Matmagix

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That Mrozinska chick has to have 3 perfect and spotless years to make up for that Rome debacle. (the Ka chair chopping stuff, with Sakkari shitting her pants in the process)

Well ... maybe that's why she's mostly serving as an umpire for lower-profile tournaments and matches after that incident.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree with Marija Cicak. She used to be great umpire, but I think she became too cocky. Zhang and Mrozinska are also tragic, a lot of mistakes in single match. SO basically all frm OP

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
Richard Haigh and Marta Mrozinska are the worst on both tours. Every tournaments they participate in, should have a blunderous match with bad calls.

·
Registered
31,950 Posts
Engzell, because she had no authority over the players whatsoever. Serena should get her as the umpire, while chasing #24. I bet if she yelled at Engzell long enough, she´d default all seven opponents. :LOL:

Cicak is the opposite. Girl is so confident, but it´s your job as a player to know that she is also legitimately blind. When Asderaki says it´s out/in or close/clear, you can bank on it. When Cicak says it´s 100% in, there is still a decent chance you can fit another tennis ball between the line and the actual mark.

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Richard Haigh and Marta Mrozinska are the worst on both tours. Every tournaments they participate in, should have a blunderous match with bad calls.
I've seen Mrozinska appearing a number of times in those drama / controversy compilations on youtube.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
If any of you think you can do a better job, why don't you apply? Officiating in any sport is a thankless task, made worse by all the sideline critics who think they know better. This one thread wants to see four or five umpires who are ranked in the top 10 in the world removed. Do that, and who replaces them? If they're so bad, but are amongst the best, that doesn't say much for those below them.

Do they make mistakes? Of course they do. But they don't make nearly as many as the players. And nobody ever remembers all the ones that the umpire got right - which ALWAYS far outnumber the ones they got wrong.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts