• Collins

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 19 13.9%
101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
We don’t have all the insider info, but Naomi’s choice to get rid of him so abruptly definitely still raises eyebrows.
I mean his attention grabbing tactics raises all the eyebrows.

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
571 Posts
i was listening to a podcast in German in which Laura was the guest! Even Siegemund herself accepts that she is not liked by many on the tour and has few friends.

·
Registered
31,209 Posts
how come Errani gets so many mentions?
only short-memory for the Bertens drama, or not only that ? oh, or that doping ban maybe.. She gets so many hate mostly for her playing style..

but She's never stroke me as being such a bad sports.
Ok, maybe a few piss-poor behaviors now and then but she's no tTHE villain of WTA Tour , that would be too much
She likes spicy ravioli too much?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I've seen Arina Rodionova pull shenanigans more than once, but you pretty much have to go to quallies to watch her, so...and I think her big sister was more ''eville''

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Mladenovicovid and her US Open antics cemented her as the tour villian.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Villain is a player that behaves rudely on the court, tries every trick to distract the opponent and is unfair with the other players off court.

So this fits well to Serena, Errani, Putintseva.

Rodionova is too irrelevant as a player to belong to this list.

Gavrilova was an excellent villain at the beginning of her career, now she has turned a normal girl (and wins a lot less).

Azarenka was a villain before motherhood.

Collins is too much aggressive against the opponent, so she belongs to this list.

Other players frankly are not at all aggressive and disturbing the opponent, even Yastremska, apart the bad abit of calling excessive MTO, to my knowledge has never been aggressive and nasty with the opponent.
How does Serena use every tactic to distract an opponent and unfair to players off court?

·
Art & Futures
20,542 Posts
I think being a drama queen, self-centered, histrionic, etc. is different than being malicious or manipulative. But I suppose everyone has different values.

·
Registered
12,008 Posts
I think being a drama queen, self-centered, histrionic, etc. is different than being malicious or manipulative. But I suppose everyone has different values.
Yeah, for instance Collins and Cornet in particular are more like drama queens than your typical villains.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If I can translate the word villain in another word, I would do with "feisty". It is a kind of personality where the player is openly showing the emotions, you clearly see that willingness to win at the expenses of sportmanship, sore loser and does not accept the superiority of a player or when the umpire is making decision against them, and does not care to friendly with competitors. From this perspective I would rank in top 3 - Putinseva / Collins / Strycova. Martic / Hercog in good position. I like also to make a ranking for the opposite... great examples for me are Barty / Petkovic, as Italian I liked also a lot Vinci.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Jeeez, Tig looks about 60 in that thumbnail. 😅
She was right though and her reaction was justified this time, it should have been her point. Very bad mistake by the umpires, Wang ball was 0.5 metres OUT and she hit it before linesperson call.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
In recent years it's been Mladenovic but now probably Yastremska. I see Putintseva and Siegemund as more like the evil cronies/henchmen of the tour, caricatures that pop up every now and then to cause trouble, but not threatening enough to make a huge impact. Mladenovic and Yastremska have that "I'm better than you" swagger and cold outspoken nature more fitting of a true villain. And they've had enough success to the point where they've attracted a decent amount of attention.

I remember when Mladenovic was on that huge losing streak, it was like Christmas day on here every time she lost. To be fair she had managed to piss off so many different fanbases by that point - Sharapova, Muguruza, other French players, and so on.

2017 was really an entertaining year as a Kiki fan 😍😍
I still remember all those pathetic Mug and Pova stans gloating over Kiki's losses.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
I don't mind villians, but they have to be entertaining and have a sort of anti-charisma that somehow makes a connection too, if only because you love to hate them. Putin and Seigemund fit well in that role imo, Ostapenka too. Tig not so much. I find her just tacky and obnoxious.

2017 was really an entertaining year as a Kiki fan 😍😍
I still remember all those pathetic Mug and Pova stans gloating over Kiki's losses.
We got like an overdose of gloating. Girl was losing all the time.

·
Registered
155 Posts
How does Serena use every tactic to distract an opponent and unfair to players off court?
Just a random thought, but here we go:

A villian is a villian. Someone, who is a nauty boy or girl on and off court.
Like a hierarchy.
Siegemund is a higher version of
Putintseva for example.
Wozniacki is a fake complaining, wannabe diva.
Errani is someone, Sharapova likes to toss around. Like when they faced
each other in Paris 2012. Both high to the 2020 roof :D

But Sharapova is also someone, Serena likes to toss around.
Serena and Sharapova fit drama queen, victim card, Meldonium, TUEs, a 100%.

How, TERRAFLOP18? How, TERRAFLOP18!

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Just a random thought, but here we go:

A villian is a villian. Someone, who is a nauty boy or girl on and off court.
Like a hierarchy.
Siegemund is a higher version of
Putintseva for example.
Wozniacki is a fake complaining, wannabe diva.
Errani is someone, Sharapova likes to toss around. Like when they faced
each other in Paris 2012. Both high to the 2020 roof :D

But Sharapova is also someone, Serena likes to toss around.
Serena and Sharapova fit drama queen, victim card, Meldonium, TUEs, a 100%.

How, TERRAFLOP18? How, TERRAFLOP18!
so you are a troll who can't answer a question.......again where is your evidence that she attacks players off court?

101 - 119 of 119 Posts