Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is the equivalent (or close-equivalent) of Serena Williams in other sports (female)?

Example: golf, swimming (freestyle, breastroke, butterfly, backstroke, 50m, 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m, etc), track events (100-200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m, 3000m, 5000m, 10000m, etc), field events (javelin, shot put, high jump, long jump, triple jump, hammerthrow, pole vault, etc), gymnastics (beam, uneven bars, vault, floor, rhythmic, all-around), equestrian, fencing, rowing, canoeing, martial arts (any form), extreme sports (any form), cycling, road cycling, whatever...
:)

·
Premium Member
16,400 Posts
Golf: used to be Tiger Woods
Swimming: Thorpe & that lady from the Netherlands (Inge or something like that, is she retired?)
Rhythmic gymnastics: Kabaeva
Moto GP: Rossi
F1: Schummy

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
For Women's Golf it would be Annika Sorenstam..she's actually playing a tournament with the men this week :eek:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Hawk said:
For Women's Golf it would be Annika Sorenstam..she's actually playing a tournament with the men this week :eek:
omg, no kidding? :eek:

Imagine Serena playing an ATP tourney....:eek:

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Lleyki said:

Yeah's she's playing the Colonial either this week or next week (not sure) with the men.

It's very different though..Golfers don't compete directly against someone else like in tennis..they play against the course. Anyway I hope she does well.

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Anika is way cool!

Marion Jones - sprinter
Julie Krone - equestrian (retired now I think)
Maria Isabel Urrutia - Weightlifting
Holly McPeak - beach volleyball

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Lleyki said:

Its harder for a woman in tennis because it requires more physical strength and stamina. Golf is more about strategy and women are better at that :p

Anyway, in cricket it would be Australia, and in english soccer it would be Manchester United in world soccer probably Brazil.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Hawk said:
Vijah Singh from Fiji has taken so much offense about this. He has threatened to pull out of the tournament if he is pared with her. I guess some of the men are too confident about thier chances. What if she actually kicks butt big time, what would the other players reaction actually be. :eek:

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
she cant hit the ball as far men surely?? or can she, i know very little about her.

·
Registered
9,981 Posts
Bezza said:
she cant hit the ball as far men surely?? or can she, i know very little about her.
Hi Bezza. There are many real losers around, the male competitiors ignore her, saying that Anika will PROBABLY lose in the second round and blah...IF Serena plays aginst a men, she is likely to lose anyway, but i believe she will gain much more respect than this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts