Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Yes, she's pretty, but lots of people will dispute it. Those also aren't the greatest photos of her.

"One of" the most beautiful players of the last 20 years? Definitely. But up against Ashley Harkleroad and Anna Kournikova, just to name two, and all the players from the 1920s onwards that we've never seen photos of (even since 1968 if you want to restrict it to the professionl era) - that would be a stretch.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Go back a few more years and look at Carling Bassett from Canada. I also always ranked Maria Kirilenko ahead of Sharapova in the beauty stakes, but Alize Lim (as I wrote in one of the pictures threads a week or two ago) is number one for me.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Gaby had a charm of her own, I don´t think she was the prettiest but she was and remains the it girl of the WTA

·
Registered
24,120 Posts
Anna probably.

I actually don't get the Gaby hype find her much more beautiful as a mature woman than when she was an elite player.

Other notable beauties: Sharapova, Ivanovic, Kirilenko, Sloane, Dementieva, Hantuchova.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
What's the minimum career tennis achievements that a player needs to qualify for consideration for this award? My top 4 candidates for the most physically attractive WTA player of all time never reached the Top 50.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I agree 100%. Sharapova is attractive, but the adoration she receives elevating her to the most beautiful woman in all the universe, has always left me scratching my head! 🤷‍♂️
I think for her it's the statuesque nature of her. Tall, fit...those are traits that people admire. Plus her eyes are beautiful. Couple that with her overall "prettiness" and she gets elevated.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Kournikova, Muguruza, Ivanovic, Kirilenko, Bouchard, Hantuchova, Dementieva, Wozniacki, Görges, Sloane, Svitolina, KaPliskova, Vekic and Giorgi.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts