Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it Serena Williams, Alize Cornet?

In the past it used to be Jelena Janković, also Caroline Wozniacki had her drama queen moments albeit she was more whiny while Jelena was disarming. Serena Williams has not had much of such behaviour since 2018 US Open Final, albeit she likes commenting herself on the court.

Some interesting videos to inspire.

·
Registered
114,331 Posts
Politically its Osaka. She stopped the tour for a day
On court antics to get attention, I think its one of the loud grunters, like Azarenka. All the grunts are phony, and they should have stopped it when Sharapova, De Brito was on tour

·
Registered
20,558 Posts
Johanna "busting our chops" Konta

But Wozniacki generally more about bending the rules or manipulating umpires to try and suit her.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Let me translate a drama queen: it is a tennis player who is polemic with umpiring, has the tendency to exagerates about injuries, emphatizes emotions like the best Hollywood movie. From this perspective, I cannot think anybody else outside Alizet, Bianca, Serena. Azarenka in good position but far away from the 3. What is interesting insight for me, is how much I love this kind of tennis movie ;) especially if two drama queens are battling. Serena / Cornet at Wimbledon 2014 was one of the most emotional match I have seen!!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Currently Cornet, also I reckon Bencic is a bit of a drama queen.

From the past, has to be Jelena Jankovic, also thought Martina Hingis was as well, certainly when i watched her.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
According to Kerber, she is Bianca Andreescu!
Kerber should be ashamed, Andreescu had a serious injury and had to miss the entire clay and grass season.

Reactions: Oladesuo

·
Registered
780 Posts
Johanna "busting our chops" Konta

But Wozniacki generally more about bending the rules or manipulating umpires to try and suit her.
hahahaha that is very funny :ROFLMAO:

I think many woman are drama queens , in tennis and in real life .
Look at the differents at your men and female colleagues .

Serena is a big diva and a little drama queen and I love that

Hingis was also a drama queen , who acts like a child but she was a child in a adultsworld so that was understandable behavoir .

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I think 80% of girls on WTA tour are drama queens to a bigger or lesser extent.

The more we should value the remaining 20%.
Iga is not. :)

Konta is a big drama queen on the other hand. And Wozniacki used to be too ...

Konta needed to be called out for that incident when she brought the wife of the umpire into the mix (also an umpire), wtf? 'I had something with your wife in Nottingham”. Lol. I am surprised that this incident went basically unnoticed, that was a shady behaviour and she acted very entitled.

I love comment section:

Should be called *Karen Wozniacki
Omg Wozniacki is so annoying. "I don't care" "Don't be arrogant" She behaves like a 5 year old.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Iga is not. :)

Konta is a big drama queen on the other hand. And Wozniacki used to be too ...

Konta needed to be called out for that incident when she brought the wife of the umpire into the mix (also an umpire), wtf?

I love comment section:

Should be called *Karen Wozniacki
Omg Wozniacki is so annoying. "I don't care" "Don't be arrogant" She behaves like a 5 year old.

OMG that is sooo funny Caro goes on and on and on crying and complaining :LOL:

·
Registered
19,565 Posts
Townsend

Reactions: Anarose Voli

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Jankovic retired the undisputed and unchallenged champion.

I'm not sure how to describe Sorana - not "drama queen", exactly, as I don't think she exaggerates injuries or her emotions - when she is mad, she is mad! - but I think she deserves a lifetime achievement award in some sub-category ("most put-upon"?)

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Carowhine Complainiacki.
I loved how every time she got called a foot fault, she claimed it never happened in her entire career. While we have multiple videos with proof. 😉 Also she would complain about Hawkeye not being accurate (a very futile endeavour).

1 - 20 of 50 Posts