Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
... President of the US?
Jed Bartlett,
played by Martin Sheen in The West Wing. If only the current POTUS were more like him. I love the chemistry between the characters. The dialogue and mix of drama and comedy in the show is masterful.

... Psychopath?
Hannibal Lecter
- Anthony Hopkins in The Silence of the Lambs. He only had 16 minutes of screen time but damn he made the most of it.
Dexter Morgan up to season 4 before it turned to crap - Michael C Hall in Dexter. I love the premise of him getting rid of the bad guys but not from a moral imperative but a code developed to keep him out of trouble. Apparently they're going to have another season to fix the mess. I can't wait!

... Action hero?
Ellen Ripley
, Sigourney Weaver in the Alien franchise. Absolute badass. I love the final action scene in Aliens.
Sarah Connor, Linda Hamilton in the Terminator franchise. Another absolute badass.
John McClane, Bruce Willis in the Die Hard franchise. "Yippee-ki-yay ..."

Which fictional characters are your faves? There are no wrong answers. Feel free to create other categories (Mafia boss, firefighter, doctor...).

Registered
Serena! Naomi. Coco. Simona. Iga. Ashleigh.
... President of the US?
Jed Bartlett,
played by Martin Sheen in The West Wing.
Cool thread. 馃槂

Best POTUS is Travolta in Primary Colors.
Best WITCH is Angela Bassett in American Horror Story.
Best VILLAIN is Kathy Bates in Misery.
Best HORROR MOVIE is the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre or original Sleep-away Camp.

Premium Member
I don't know

Registered
Best fictional President...

Trump

Reactions: Shifty-Eyed Dog

Registered
Best TV bitch

Alexis Colby (Joan Collins) in Dynasty

Registered
Best narcissistic mother

Ingrid Magnussen (White Oleander) well played by Michelle Pfeiffer in the film, chilling stuff.

Best motivator

Asta from Black Clover

Best badass leader and rescuer

Captain Yami Black Clover

Reactions: Daydreamer

Registered
Best fictional President...

Trump
Well he was a president for four years. Nothing fictional about it, it caused misery to a lot of people particularly children who were sent far away from their parents on the border. It is not a nightmare, it is a real lived experience.

Registered
Best twins
Fred and George Weasley

Best scary headmaster
Miss Trunchbull from Matilda, expertly played by Pam Ferris in the film.

I hated Umbridge (Harry Potter) far more though.

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
well, I mean, of monozygotic (identical) ones.

I probably should have mentioned Snape as well while going on about Harry Potter, best deliverer of lines, no doubt.

I love Alan Rickman! He injected charisma in each of his roles. Looking at his filmography, I'm shocked to discover that his role as the villain, Hans Gruber in Die Hard was his first role in a film! He was adept in so many genres - a real treasure. I was gutted when he passed away.

Registered
I love Alan Rickman! He injected charisma in each of his roles. Looking at his filmography, I'm shocked to discover that his role as the villain, Hans Gruber in Die Hard was his first role in a film! He was adept in so many genres - a real treasure. I was gutted when he passed away.
Hans Gr眉ber, a major throwback! He was just so distinctive yet versatile in his roles. I couldn't imagine anybody else playing Professor Snape. Likewise the guy who played Sirius Black in the films, Gary Oldman is known for versatility, even down to his style, look and accent. He's played so many roles that I never thought about. I fell off my chair when I found out he was the one who did Winston Churchill (in a bodysuit).

It's a bit odd Harry Potter through its eight major films never won an Oscar, considering the stellar cast and staging it's boasted.

Registered
Hans Gr眉ber, a major throwback! He was just so distinctive yet versatile in his roles. I couldn't imagine anybody else playing Professor Snape. Likewise the guy who played Sirius Black in the films, Gary Oldman is known for versatility, even down to his style, look and accent. He's played so many roles that I never thought about. I fell off my chair when I found out he was the one who did Winston Churchill (in a bodysuit).

It's a bit odd Harry Potter through its eight major films never won an Oscar, considering the stellar cast and staging it's boasted.
My sister is actually writing a book about Alan... she met him and corresponded with him for years.

Reactions: Matmagix
1 - 20 of 24 Posts