Reactions: Hanan Ubis

·
Registered
38,754 Posts
Obviously Shriver

·
Registered
12,069 Posts
Not sure who the 'greatest' is, but my fav is Pam. Her "Wickmayer" incident, awkward interviews with fans in the stands, and golden on-court moments in general are worth the equivalent of about 5 singles grand slams IMO... lol.

I always find it fascinating that she only elected to enter the singles draw at Roland Garros twice in her whole career, despite her ranking always being high enough. I know she wanted to keep herself fresh for grass season, and didn't love red clay, but especially unusual considering she entered the RG doubles six times (and won the title 4x out of the 6), plus all her peers made the trip there. So she was there on-site in Paris playing doubles but just chose to sit out the singles. 😂 Definitely something we are unlikely to see these days as the slam prize money has increased even for a R1 loss.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
At first I thought the question was 'Who has had the Most MEN (NOT WOMEN!)! in the sack? In which case it would definitely be MOI! I love MEN NOT WOMEN!!! My head to heads against the greats of my era are also impressive: Shriver v. Evert 3 wins 436 losses, Shriver v. Navratilova 3 wins (2 at the U.S. Open!!!) 678 losses, Shriver v. Graf 3 wins 1,908 losses!

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Stephens and Krejčikova are not even close as they have slams. I rate Stephens higher because she also has a Miami title, beating a legend of the game there.

Then it comes Radwańska, then Pliškova

and on last Shriver, who I have no idea why is leading the poll. Girl has a total of ZERO Tier 1 titles, only 1 Tier 2, really, what's the argument?

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
38,983 Posts
Pam is way ahead of this pack if one takes any account of her doubles success at all. Not even close.

Barbora is likely to end up the 2nd most accomplished out of those on this list, if she isn't already. After that I'd say Aga would have to be third and then it is a case of whether one favours Karolina's superior consistency or Sloane's superior Grand Slam success to determine which of these two finish 4th and 5th.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
38,983 Posts
Stephens and Krejčikova are not even close as they have slams. I rate Stephens higher because she also has a Miami title, beating a legend of the game there.

Then it comes Radwańska, then Pliškova

and on last Shriver, who I have no idea why is leading the poll. Girl has a total of ZERO Tier 1 titles, only 1 Tier 2, really, what's the argument?
You really have got to be joking. Shriver finished 9 consecutive years in the top 10. 19 times she reached the quarterfinal stage of a Grand Slam in singles. That is way ahead of any of the other players she is being compared to. And that is before one looks at her doubles record which is the stuff of dreams.

·
Registered
12,925 Posts
Pam by a country mile.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Order like in the poll.
In singles 6 big titles put Radwanska clearly ahead of the others, also 2nd weeks of slams: Radwanska 27, Shriver 24, Stephens 14, Pliskova 12, Krejcikova 3 (if I counted all correctly).
One (fluke or not) slam doesn't compensate for all this.
1. Radwanska
2. Shriver
3. Pliskova (former number one status puts her clearly above Stephens)
4. Stephens
5. Krejcikova

1 - 21 of 94 Posts