• Monica Seles

Votes: 101 82.8%
  • Venus Williams

Votes: 21 17.2%
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Banned
9,219 Posts
What's with the Venus obssession of late? Is putting Venus in thread titles the only way to guarantee spice?

But if I had to chose I'd say Seles. Seles to me is > Venus, Henin, Hingis, maybe even Serena. To me Seles is also > Graf.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Monica for a few more months, I hope. :angel:

Like with a Chucky, ties go to the Doubles Slam Winner - Queen Vee. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
This one is not so clear.

Venus is the better athlete and tennis player.

Monica is the better match player and strategist.

They're equally good at what they do best.

Still, I'm going to vote for Venus because she has more than one Wimbledon title.

Reactions: Helen Lawson

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
My two faves of all time!:worship:

Monica's nine slams trump Venus' seven, but Venus owned Seles (h2h 9-1). Seles only won one match at the Aus Open in 2002 when Venus was injured. She was the favorite for the title that year. :sad:

I think Venus will match and maybe surpass Seles before she retires though.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
This one is not so clear.

Venus is the better athlete and tennis player.

Monica is the better match player and strategist.

They're equally good at what they do best.

Still, I'm going to vote for Venus because she has more than one Wimbledon title.
:spit:

As expected from Graf fan.

·
Registered
26,220 Posts
As much as I love Venus, I have to say Monica. However, I think Venus will surpass her in the next two years ;)

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
My two faves of all time!:worship:

Monica's nine slams trump Venus' seven, but Venus owned Seles (h2h 9-1). Seles only won one match at the Aus Open in 2002 when Venus was injured. She was the favorite for the title that year. :sad:

I think Venus will match and maybe surpass Seles before she retires though.
bullshit, seles was in pretty good shape early 2002, venus was spraying a few balls, but if you watch that match venus is moving amazingly well and not injured, seles got that win fair and square.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Monica Seles. It's always hard to compare because they played in two different periods with different racquets and way of training but whatever they way of hitting in advance of Monica is still something unbelievable :)

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
bullshit seles was in pretty good shape early 2002, venus was spraying a few balls, but if you watch that match venus is moving amazingly well and not injured, seles got that win fair and square.
relax. geez!

Seles was my fav before Venus and Venus said she based her game on Seles, even copied her grunt. All props to Seles; I'd never dis her. That said, the facts are the facts.

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
relax. geez!

Seles was my fav before Venus and Venus said she based her game on Seles, even copied her grunt. All props to Seles; I'd never dis her. That said, the facts are the facts.
its just very annoying when every venus loss is put down to 'injury'

1 - 20 of 123 Posts