Tennis Forum banner

Who is greater: Halep, Azarenka, or Kvitova?

• Halep

Votes: 77 67.0%
  • Azarenka

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Kvitova

Votes: 14 12.2%
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Halep: 1 RG + 2F, 1 WB, 1 AO final, 3 PM, 4 P5, World #1

Azarenka: 2 AO, 2 USO Final, 6 PM, 3 P5, World #1

Kvitova: 2 WB, 1 AO Final, YEC, 3 PM, 5 P5, World #2

Discuss.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I was just going to start the same thread but I wanted to include all active 2 slam chmapions (Kuznetsova, Muguruza)

In terms of achievements it is clearly Halep now (2 diferrent slams + 3 other final slams, 2 time year ending Number 1) also I think Halep will end up with more slams than Petra and Vika.

·
Registered
32,530 Posts
Azarenka.

Peak Victoria is the only player that could compete with Serena in 2012-2013 and would have feasted on the current era. She also has two Olympic medals.

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
So it's purely based on results?

Those kind of polls should be made when the career is over, both Azarenka and Kvitova have been hampered with injuries and private problems, Halep hasn't

in my opinion Halep needs to do more to be considered greater as other two

Reactions: Wanderer and Perun

·
Registered
47 Posts
Halep's achievements on all surfaces give her a very strong argument over Azarenka and Kvitova IMO, but there's a legit argument for Vika. I'd favour Halep to go on and achieve more in her career to remove any argument.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I started writing a reply to this thread but after writing a few lines, I realised there is too much to cover and I don't have time right now.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Azarenka for sure was the most dominating player among them and had tougher competition than now. Halep won GS titles on different surfaces and made the final in 3 out of 4.

Depends on what you value more, Azarenka/Halep 1&2 and Kvitova ranked 3rd.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
As a Vika fan, I'm not thrilled to say this but Halep is pretty clearly the best of the three (at least in singles). She has slams on two surfaces (and two tournaments), more finals than either, and leads the head-to-head with both. The other two have somewhat better non-slam resumes but Simona is no slouch there despite her recent run of crappy finals. And I wanted to say that Halep has had more shittastic performances but honestly the other two have had their share too :tape:. Vika dominated in her day but it was a fairly brief period and unfortunately she doesn't have a ton to show for it.

The OP should add Vika's and Petra's bronze medals though.

·
Registered
17,967 Posts
Azarenka in terms of achievements

Kvitova in terms of peak

Halep in terms of her ability to excel on all surfaces and the fact that she has won both her slams on grass & clay

1 - 20 of 95 Posts