- 34 weeks at No.1
- Olympic Silver
- 11 singles titles overall

H2H

Kerber 8-5 Wozniacki

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Sorry but champion wise I have to go with Kerber. Yes Wozniacki has more titles, one slam and one YEC but we have to look at circumstances. Wozniacki hasn't won PM or P5 since 2011.
She peaked at YEC but so did players like Cibulkova.
Now she has one Slam but her draw was very easy let's face it and Halep was dead tired in that final, lucky stars have really shined for her.

Kerber won her first slam by beating Azarenka and Serena back to back. That is something I can't imagine Wozniacki to do.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Wozniacki is definitely greater. I don't buy that 1 more slam supersedes all the other glaring records Wozniacki has over Kerber. At their peak, I definitely consider Kerber a better player, and I'm utterly convinced Kerber would have beaten Wozniacki had she come through the Halep semi.

·
Registered
23,543 Posts
Sorry but champion wise I have to go with Kerber. Yes Wozniacki has more titles, one slam and one YEC but we have to look at circumstances. Wozniacki hasn't won PM or P5 since 2011.
Now she has one Slam but her draw was very easy let's face it and Halep was dead tired in that final, lucky stars have really shined for her.

Kerber won her first slam by beating Azarenka and Serena back to back. That is something I can't imagine Wozniacki to do.
Quit being so bitter. :p
Had she won Rome or Madrid and reached number 1 you'd still be saying SLAMLESS PUSHERRR111. I find it funny how in this instance her not winning a PM or P5 is of relevance.
She peaked at YEC and followed up with a win at Australian Open unlike Radwanska and Cibulkova.
Her draw might have been easy but she actually took advantage of it.

That's the thing we don't have to look at circumstances. Numbers talk. No one apart from the die hard tennis fans give a shit about how easy her draw was. Years down the line this won't even be remembered however the fact that the AO 2018 Champion is Caroline Wozniacki will stay forever.

·
Banned
709 Posts
Karolina. Kerber literally has had 1 good year against 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, and 2018.

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
It's not even close. Kerber is way above Wozniacki. If both were tied in the number of GS won, then Caroline would have the edge. Untill she wins a second major, she cannot compete with Kerber, no matter what else she's achieved.

·
Registered
8,692 Posts
Wozniacki will probably end up ahead. She is much younger. Its close already now.

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
I love Angie but one slam won't account for everything else Caro's achieved. Angie has very few tour-level titles for someone who's been number one, not to mention no Tier I wins. If Angie wins a few more titles and even just one or two Tier I title, I can see the argument. But for now, with Caro's AO, I think her career is greater.

·
Premium Member
11,659 Posts
Can we use the word "great" here? I mean nether can really be called "great" career within the world of tennis right now. If anything Kerber's 2 slams and Olympic medal is the greater achievement but Wozniacki had a more consistent career.

·
Registered
114,483 Posts
I respect Kerber a lot and think she can win more majors. Lets see how their careers continue
If you just want 2 slams vs 1 slam +YEC + 27 titles and $30 million prize money, its subjective
But IDK if Wozniacki will use this as a beginning like Kerber did in 2016
I want to see how motivated she is for IW, Miami and the clay warm ups for Paris

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
I think it depends on the criteria. Angie has less titles and less weeks as #1, but she has the 2nd major. I think Angie has a greater champions attitude. You could clearly see Woz (and Halep as well) was afraid to win today. Angie has more offensive firepower so at her peak I would put her above Caro. However, there are arguments for and against both, so it's a matter of opinion.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,469 Posts

Now I'm not going to get into the debate on which player has had a better career in this post, for what it's worth I think one can make a decent case for both players, but I will say pointing out that Caroline hasn't won a PM or P5 since 2011 is probably not the best way to argue in favour of Angie. You see.... Angie has never won a PM or P5 at any point in her career. :shrug:

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
Woz, as others have pointed out kerber had one good year. Now, both started this year well so who knows maybe kerber gets another slam this year. We know Caroline is about to look a mess per usual on the clay and grass.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts