Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
We just bought tickets for quarterfinal friday. Row 8. :)

This day will enter history as the day Justine Henin gets her ass whooped on clay by Greta Arn. :lol:

Auf geht's, Greta! *g*

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
This year I really wanted to watch as much tennis as possible in Berlin, but a wedding on Saturday and "own" tennis means: no quali! And on Tuesday, I'm flying to Sweden (work), so I won't be in Berlin the rest of the week... so I absolutely have to go there on Monday!! ;)

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Saturday, Sunday and Monday for me, as in 2007 (my first visit to Berlin since 2003). Hopefully the Monday will have better weather than last year!

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
I should be there the whole week, if Julia comes back there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

I may come to Berlin for the tournament (and to visit the city as well). If someone can tell me a good hotel to stay... Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the same question !!
And also : is the airport far from the center of the town ? Where is exactly the turnament ? I can't find the exact name of the street :rolleyes:
I come probably from monday to friday.

·
Registered
12,030 Posts
I have the same question !!
And also : is the airport far from the center of the town ?
It depends on the airport: if you arrive in Tegel it's about 7 km (air-line distance) from the center and if you arrive in Schönefeld it's about 17 km (air-line distance).

Where is exactly the turnament ? I can't find the exact name of the street :rolleyes:
The exact address is: Gottfried-von-Cramm-Weg 47-55 in Berlin-Grunewald
http://maps.google.de/maps?ll=52.485798,13.259082&z=16&t=h&hl=de

With hotels I can't help you because I'm living in Berlin so I sleep at home :lol:
try this webpage: http://www.expedia.com/Hotels?CNTID=58358c21-984d-45a3-b071-b3334aefd75d&

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
Add 1st round of Q for me if the Pearl of Pearls, the enchanting Miss Arn, holds court in this degenerated city and brings some light upon those unhappy enough having to live there.

Ey, Greta. Auf geht's! :)

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Grunewald train station is only about 5 minutes walk from the tennis. I normally stay in the city centre (somewhere near the Ku'damm) and get the train in each morning. However, a few years ago, I did stay in a reasonable guesthouse about 10 minutes walk from the tennis. I think it was called Hotel Alpina.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts