1. Justine
2. Serena
3. Kim

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Sister Slam #5 in a row.

That's not much to ask for.

Winner, don't care as long as the last name is Williams and her daddy is Richard.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I think Kim will make it this year, if not then amelie!

I would like to say Monica but I don't think she will be much of a threat this time round.

·
Registered
462 Posts
great smash said:
Please explain your choice
I see Henin getting through the top half. I also see Venus losing before the SF. So, not to sound too much like Chrissy Evert, but that, imo, makes the Davenport/Clijsters QF the "real final." And, something just tells me that Lindsay will take that QF by a (very) slim margin.

I see only Serena, Venus and Clijsters as major threats to Lindsay. And, I only see Serena and Lindsay as major threats to Kim.

I would also give Henin a much better shot at beating Kim or Lindsay if they were not meeting in the final. JMO :)

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
likelihood

ok, here is my list in order of likelyhood:

1. Serena Williams: i'm sorry, but you cannot bet against the world's number 1 and winner of 4 gs in a row, its just good sense to predict her.

2. Kim Clijsters: I only picked her over justine because she is ranked higher, but i definitly think she and justine are right up there.

3. Justine henin: playing best tennis of career

4. Davenport: resurgence and happily married, been playign well on clay and can be dangerous

5. venus: if healthy she will make semis and really challenge kim and serena/justine.

6. Momo: she's playing amazing, but french crowd and pressure always gets to her.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
no offense, but i think lindsay will not be a threat precisely because she's just married. i HIGHLY doubt she was practicing hard during her honeymoon. and she hasn't played in a while, and this in preparation for a surface that's not good for her.

so i agree with franny, except take out lindsay and insert cappy before clijsters. capriati can still very much beat kim on red clay, and if they play it'll most likely be in PC stadium--memories??

justine and momo have all the skills needed, but it just doesn't feel like their slam breakthrough yet for me.

of all the top contenders, i think only cappy hasn't won a lead-up tourney: this may sound bad on paper, but it takes pressure off her and makes her more hungry, so it's all good.

GO JENNIFER!!!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts