Tennis Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Fru has good racket control but lacks power.
She hits pretty hard when she is in the mood. I have seen a lot of matches and she hits quite hard for her age. Other girls her age can't hit that hard or they lack consistency. That's why she can compete against much older girls because she can hit with them with consistency and power.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
UTS yesterday

Lol Alize. And I see Brenda isn't the chatty type.

Also I just realized I've been mixing up the commentary of Adam Fielder and Pete Odgers for a while

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
In other UTS news:

Ons Jabeur vs Pavs
The shade from Nastya against WTA at the end haha

Pavs vs Cornet is the final

Reactions: Hanan Ubis

·
Registered
30 Posts
Both sisters are obviously pretty good but waaaay too early to tell how good. It is highly doubtful all this hype generated by Mouratoglou’s PR machine is helping them. Patrick himself with full entourage was sitting through Linda’s matches at some big tournaments last year and they have mostly been a flop. RG’19 – 1st round, Wimbledon’19 – 3rd round (best result), USO’19 – 2nd round, AO’20 – 1st round. For juniors those Slams is by far the most reliable indicator. Brenda may do better, this is yet to be seen. Both sisters are still young and promising but so far have not delivered anything impressive…

·
Registered
148 Posts
Both sisters are obviously pretty good but waaaay too early to tell how good. It is highly doubtful all this hype generated by Mouratoglou’s PR machine is helping them. Patrick himself with full entourage was sitting through Linda’s matches at some big tournaments last year and they have mostly been a flop. RG’19 – 1st round, Wimbledon’19 – 3rd round (best result), USO’19 – 2nd round, AO’20 – 1st round. For juniors those Slams is by far the most reliable indicator. Brenda may do better, this is yet to be seen. Both sisters are still young and promising but so far have not delivered anything impressive…
They won all big titles, both sisters. Les Petits As, Drottningens Pris, Auray Super, Orange Bowl, Eddie Herr, World Championship U14, ... they won everything so far. If it's not enough for you, nothing is.

·
Registered
8,633 Posts
Being an early bloomer is not a guarantee of success at the Pro level. There are a million things that can go wrong. Including a pandemic that slows everything to a halt

·
Registered
30 Posts
Exactly. I'm not sure what more Brenda could've done at her age to be considered impressive.
I did not say not impressive. There is a big difference between “impressive” and “big future star” which is how this thread started. Brenda – looking good, but way to early to tell. Linda – look at Cori or Amanda (there are more) at the same age and you will know what I am talking about, or not.

·
Art & Futures
20,463 Posts
These intros LOL:

Alize referencing the Errani incident :ROFLMAO:

These are so terrible and great at the same time. Alize referenced the Errani incident again when she won the bonus

Reactions: Kurmay3Katti

·
Registered
4,009 Posts

Congrats Nastia... close match against Alizé!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts