Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here like 'Trip-Hop' music? A friend of mine recently got me into this kind of music. Suggested some stuff like: New Order, Esthero, Supreme Beings of Leisure, Morcheeba and Aria. Anyone know any other good things to listen to in this category of tunes? :)

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Bacardi said:
Does anyone here like 'Trip-Hop' music? A friend of mine recently got me into this kind of music. Suggested some stuff like: New Order, Esthero, Supreme Beings of Leisure, Morcheeba and Aria. Anyone know any other good things to listen to in this category of tunes? :)
Follow the URL Road .

Enjoy Enjoy. :angel:

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Oh and they say Trip-Hops "Holy Trinity" is:
Portishead,Tricky and Massive Attack

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,694 Posts
Since when were New Order trip-hop?! :confused:

Scientific definition:

Trip-hop was a mid-nineties 'thing', the term basically being invented by the ever-stupid music press (ie NME, Q etc) to pigeonhole a bunch of entirely unconnected groups/labels who all came from around the Bristol area and did music which combined hip-hop style breakbeats with ambient techno instrumental vibeyness. Artists: Portishead, Massive Attack, Tricky, DJ Krush, DJ Shadow, DJ Scruff. Labels: Mo'wax (especially their seminal Headz compilation, which pretty much defined the genre), Ninja Tune, Talkin Loud (kinda).

Of course, the exact meaning of terms like trip-hop is subject to change, for example what's called Trance these days has nothing to do with original Acid-Trance from ten years ago.

·
Registered
14,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the link Aerien. :)

Willow I don't really think New Order is Trip-Hop, it was just suggested to me, if I like the others I might enjoy their new CD as well. New Order is an 80s thing, always has been, always will be. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts