The prettiest: Serena Williams, Ashleigh Barty, Elise Mertens, Petra Kvitova

Reactions: PamShriver

·
Registered
16,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kenin has a weird one , Errani is ugly
Serena and Barty has the best looking
Kenin is bizarre with how long she stares at the ball in when the ball is already tossed.

·
Registered
16,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I always loved Mauresmo's when she adjusted her service motion after a shoulder injury - the very short take back, the perfect knee bend, very unreadable. Always looked like she could serve 1000 times and not get tired.

Serena and Barty have textbook-perfect motions, from the placement to the knee bend to the uncomplicated motion to the wrist snap.
I find Osaka's service motion very overrated. Sure she can serve very hard but I wonder how does she avoid getting some injury with that technique. But it's kind of incredible how she has one of the fastest serves despite not so perfect biomechanics.

Reactions: theperson

·
Registered
16,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Prettiest: Ostapenko and Konta
Ostapenko has a very ugly service motion. Btw. I don't find Świątek's serve particularly visually apealing either. Konta has that ridiculous high ball bouncing routine that is annoying to watch.

·
Registered
16,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I really like Sofia Kenin s no-look/blind serve.. it s so unique.
And ugliest - it s kind of obvious - Errani
To me it looks as if she stares at the ball too much, the other way around. Lol.

Reactions: EfremovaFan

·
Registered
16,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·

·
Registered
16,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I've always considered Pierce & Schnyder very elegant in their service motions.

Reactions: MoonballPusher

·
Registered
16,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
She's almost as tall as Stosur/Kerber so as long as their heights are listed correctly I think she's 5'7. I still think it's impressive, but the being 5'5 kind of impressive....I bet that's why she didn't change it!
She's definitely shorter than Stosur / Kerber. I think the official data is correct in her case.

·
Registered
16,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Speaking of ugly service motions ... Sara Torribes Tormo has an ugly and inefficient one. It is odd to see a tall girl like her (1.76 m) serving only puffballs. That service motion reminds me old footage of players playing with wooden rackets from the 70s, who taught her that technique? Or is their simply some constraint in her and she cannot learn a different service motion?

Reactions: okay888

·
Registered
16,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Reactions: venusguga

·
Registered
16,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 · (Edited)
Taller players look more aesthetic on serve (i.e. Julia Goerges), those smaller ones literally try to throw their entire body into that serve and it looks borderline awkward at times. Konta & Errani have two service motions that are helluva annoying.
But Konta's serve when she's on is arguably her best shot though and it is rather her preparation than the motion itself that is ugly. On the other hand Errani, yikes. There are some WTA players that seem to have 'all arm' serves like Brengle or Hsieh which seem pretty mind-boggling to me at this level.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts