15,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The ugliest: Sara Torribes Tormo, Sara Errani, Madison Brengle
The prettiest: Serena Williams, Ashleigh Barty, Elise Mertens, Petra Kvitova

Reactions: PamShriver

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
I always loved Mauresmo's when she adjusted her service motion after a shoulder injury - the very short take back, the perfect knee bend, very unreadable. Always looked like she could serve 1000 times and not get tired.

Serena and Barty have textbook-perfect motions, from the placement to the knee bend to the uncomplicated motion to the wrist snap.

·
Banned
15,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kenin has a weird one , Errani is ugly
Serena and Barty has the best looking
Kenin is bizarre with how long she stares at the ball in when the ball is already tossed.

·
Banned
15,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I always loved Mauresmo's when she adjusted her service motion after a shoulder injury - the very short take back, the perfect knee bend, very unreadable. Always looked like she could serve 1000 times and not get tired.

Serena and Barty have textbook-perfect motions, from the placement to the knee bend to the uncomplicated motion to the wrist snap.
I find Osaka's service motion very overrated. Sure she can serve very hard but I wonder how does she avoid getting some injury with that technique. But it's kind of incredible how she has one of the fastest serves despite not so perfect biomechanics.

Reactions: theperson

·
Banned
15,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Prettiest: Ostapenko and Konta
Ostapenko has a very ugly service motion. Btw. I don't find Świątek's serve particularly visually apealing either. Konta has that ridiculous high ball bouncing routine that is annoying to watch.

·
Banned
1,056 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I really like Badosa’s

·
Registered
7,460 Posts
ugly: the two Saras
I like Krunic's

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Sorribes has that love affair with the ball.... very much like Lorenzi on the mens side

Reactions: Mug Fan

·
Art & Futures
22,880 Posts
who comes to mind? (I won't use ugly, but certainly not good): Errani, Brengle

Siniakova isn't great either as someone else has mentioned

Reactions: Perun

·
La Divina Assoluta
11,520 Posts
Random choice but I always think Jankovic's serve circa 2008-2010 looked very smooth.

Of current players, Serena's obviously is textbook. Barty also has a good service motion- no kinks, no obvious technical glitches.

·
Registered
15,928 Posts
The best: Serena Williams, Ash Barty, Geraldine Frazier

Bad looking: Sara EhRanny, Ostapeko.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts