Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know who has the smartes and most intelligent game plan on tours? Please explain a player's game plam too. :wavey:

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
JUSTINE,AMELIE,KIM,VENUS-in my opinion it don't take comment :worship:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
nate_my_love said:
Do you know who has the smartes and most intelligent game plan on tours? Please explain a player's game plam too. :wavey:
A game plan is to do with identifying a players weakness and trying to exploit it. For example, Davenport played a smart match against Venus, just hitting forehands to her, and she ended up making alot of errors. As someone says though, the smartest players are the ones who adjust their games during court time when things aren't working.

At the moment, I don't know, possibly Amelie.

Hingis was the best of recent years however, extremely smart.

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Justine :)
Amelie

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Ai is the smartest on tour!!!!!!!!!!!! (BTW, how can you say Mauresmo is the smartest player........?)

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
pcrtennis said:
Ai is the smartest on tour!!!!!!!!!!!! (BTW, how can you say Mauresmo is the smartest player........?)
From the way she mixes it up, I'm talking about when she doesn't have her headcase times which happens alot.

How did Hingis manage to outplay Seles almost every times they played?
Hingis got her on the run a lot and Seles didn't seem able to come sustain a high enough level to win matches where she had to run alot.

Also...Hingis didn't seem capable of outplaying Serena...
Serena had too much power for Hingis to be able to thrash her off court, although the h2h was pretty even 7-6 to Serena

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
What good is being smart or having a great game plan if you can't execute them enough to win the big matches/tournaments?

STEFFI GRAF, Chris Evert, Martina Navratilova, consistent throughout thier careers against all opponents.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
What good is being smart or having a great game plan if you can't execute them enough to win the big matches/tournaments?
Its the same as talent, who has the most talent is not always in relation to who is the most successful due to other circumstances.

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
On tour right now? Justine, Myskina, Patty, Ai, Vera, Smashnova
Chanda, Sly Farina, Maggie and Amy Frazier.

These are people that know exactly what the other players
will do in various situations. When you watch them in matches,
you know that they made an effort to study their opponent.
They usually have the notes, and not the type to go in blind
for a match.

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,453 Posts
Martina Hingis is master! :worship: :worship: :worship:
i also think Nastya and Kim are smart with their game plan, same with Juju :)

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Crazy_Fool said:
Its the same as talent, who has the most talent is not always in relation to who is the most successful due to other circumstances.
I disagree, a good game plan garners good results

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
beauty_is_pink said:
Martina Hingis is master! :worship: :worship: :worship:
i also think Nastya and Kim are smart with their game plan, same with Juju :)
Martina was very good at executing her moms game plan, not so good when she waivered away from the plan.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
backhanddtl4 said:
DAVENPORT!!!

The Bank of the West Final proved it too. She hit about 90 % of the balls to Venus' forehand.
Its not rocket science :tape:

*I'm not hating on Davenport btw I like her, but it doesn't take a genius to work out what to do*

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
backhanddtl4 said:
DAVENPORT!!!

The Bank of the West Final proved it too. She hit about 90 % of the balls to Venus' forehand.
Nothing so smart about that, any club player knows to pick on thier opponents weaker wing.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts