Kournikova

·
Registered
10,834 Posts
patty schnyder

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
but anna at her best was pretty consistent and when she got worse (injured) she was consistent too. yeah the difference between the two is horrible but still

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Out of the current top players, I would've said Henin, but she's been maintaining a top level of play, so I gotta give her props. The top 10 actually seem pretty consistent right now in terms of their order (i.e. lower-ranked players rarely beat higher-ranked players among the top 10), which has probably hurt women's tennis lately. From the lower-ranked players, Alexandra Stevenson comes immediately to mind.

If we're talking players from all-time, then it's probably Hana Mandlikova. She had so much talent that was comparable to the Aurora Borealis. Some days (or nights), it was there in all its blazing glory, other times there was nothing but darkness.

·
Registered
26,637 Posts
Jen '02 certainly has to make such a list. She lost all 5 times vs. Serena, but they were close matches against someone just destroying most opponents. On the other hand, she lost 3 times to Alex. :eek: Jeca also had that "very good or very bad" quality last year, and just seemed to quit trying in a bad match (as she did early this year, even with Guenthardt as coach).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.