·
Registered
12,762 Posts
williams sisters...

kimmy clijsters also had incredible drive volleys

·
Premium Member
28,050 Posts
I would say its pretty close between Masha and Venus that are head and shoulder above the rest of the girls in that area.

·
Trainwreck
58,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've actually seen Venus miss a lot of drive volleys. :D But then again, those are only on highlight reels showing the "bloopers" made by the playerse I suppose.

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
Venus Williams is soo way above the rest...!!
Sharapova has some shoulder twitch when she does it...

Venus flies when she does it...!!!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
definately sharapova, maybe because she uses them more frequently than other players who might use conventional volleys

·
Registered
695 Posts
Serena. Marvously done

·
La Divina Assoluta
11,288 Posts
:lol: Who said Clijsters?:tape:

Anyway, i firmly believe Venus has the best drive-volley, purely due to her height and athletic ability. Just look at the elevation she gets on it, she's coming off the ground to hit it. Not even Serena does that all the time these days.

Sharapova and Serena get a nod too though;)

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Venus' ones are great, Along with Sharapova. I dont really mind Serena she does hit them well, But Venus and Maria are infront of her in this category

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
I may be biased, but I've seen Dementieva go for heaps and she very rarely misses them.
I think you are biased, perhaps Lena doesn't miss alot of driving volley but they aren't always so effective, not as much as Masha or Venus

·
Registered
19,560 Posts
I may be biased, but I've seen Dementieva go for heaps and she very rarely misses them.
Please tell me you are kidding :eek:

Maria and Venus are both very good IMO. Maria misses her BH drive volley when she goes down the line a bit too often though, but Venus can be inconsistent on drive volleys off both wings when she has too much time.

Serena's are good when she's confident. Otherwise it can be :help:. I also like Dani's drive volleys a lot but sometimes she can't finish off the point with it. Ana has a nice drive volley on the forehand side but her BH drive volley lets quick pushers get back into the point a bit too often. Bartoli's drive volleys aren't bad IMO, when she does come up to the net.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Vee :) pova too I suppose..But Vee can also hit the classical volleys while sharpie :tape:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts