Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it can be any player. even a player who lost.

my pick: tamira paszek of austria. :yeah: 16 and has a lethal little backhand. i so wanted her to take a set off henin. she bageled nakamura in the first round. big ups to paszek.

i'd like to say serena and venus impressed the most but sometimes i think they suffer from attention deficit disorder on the court. i get nervous because they let people with half their ability win games.

venus' movement has impressed however. and serena i the first set against milagros was great.

·
Registered
23,442 Posts
Olaru and Alla have impressed by both making the third round.

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The player that has impressed me the most wouldn't be someone who won 1 match and played 1 good set.
sour grapes.

she's a kid and played more than one good set. she bageled a veteran player. and gave justine some competition in the first set. she did well. nothing to be ashamed of.

lighten up. if she were 30 i would be impressed. but she's 16 and did well. i liked her.

·
Rena's Army
35,200 Posts
it can be any player. even a player who lost.

my pick: tamira paszek of austria. :yeah: 16 and has a lethal little backhand. i so wanted her to take a set off henin. she bageled nakamura in the first round. big ups to paszek.
yea she impressed me...just got tight at the end of the 1st set there but that comes with the age...with a bit more experience she will be up in the upper regions of the game for sure :bounce:

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
Tamira, Olaru, and Dominika have been impressive in their results. Ashley's fight against Venus was also great.

·
La Divina Assoluta
11,309 Posts
Venus- Movement and serve have looked great this week:D

Serena- Not playing her most stellar tennis, but her grit and determination is setting her apart from a lot of players.

Henin- Looks quite sharp early on. Particulary impressed how she raised her game with such urgency against Paczek yesterday.

Loit- has all the skills in the world. Needs a serve though.

Paczek- Such maturity and freeness of spirit. Has such deep groundstrokes too, really had justine on the brink in that first set.

Bartoli- has really picked up her level of play. groundstrokes looked pin-point perfect against Rezai.

·
Registered
23,442 Posts
I will now add Dominika to my previous choices of Olaru and Alla as having impressed the most since she has moved into the 3rd round as well.

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
Akgul impressed me the most by qualifying and winning a round. :worship:

Olaru -- I'm impressed, but not at all surprised :)

Dechy and Shaughnessy -- they tie for the most points in the Failure to Impress competition. :(

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
I've actually been impressed by Sharapova. She seems much more comfortable on the clay than what many predicted and seems to have got her serve a little more together.

Reactions: Sha_ra_po_va

·
Registered
47,995 Posts
Sharapova :yeah: - I thought she wont make 3rd round with this forum !
Na Li :help: I thought she will do something here, but she barely managed to advance to 3rd round, I guess Bammer will outside her tomorrow :sad:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Impressed by Petkovic. First time i have seen her, and think she has top 20 potential. Alla K. i had seen, and i am not surprised. It just means that instaed of hovering around 100 in the rankings like she has for the last 6 mo, she wont have to qualify every week.

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
cibulkova i havn't seen any of her matches yet but i have been impressed with her results throughout the clay court season!

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
Ivanovic has been very impressive in both rounds against lesser competition. Justine had a hiccup against Paszek, but Vesnina & Paszek may have been the toughest opponents in the 1st 2 rounds any of the top players had.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Masha dropshotting, sliding, and retrieving :speakles: :eek: :lol: Never in 1000 years would I have dreamed she'd be able to add these things to her game esp after she's won 2 slams without them

1 - 20 of 22 Posts