Tennis Forum banner

Better 2015?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
47,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There always seems to be a lot of back and forth between Guest & La Borz fans in GM so I think it will be interesting to get a pulse of who GM as a whole think had a better 2015.

Titles: 0
Finals: 1 (Doha)
Semifinals: 0
Quarterfinals: 3 (Rome, Wimbledon, USO)
Slam Results: R4-R3-QF-QF
Best Wins: La Borz x4, Monotra, Kerber x2, Venus x2, Bencic

Titles: 1 (Kuala Lumpur)
Finals: 2 (Auckland, Stuttgart)
Semifinals: 4 (Dubai, Eastbourne, New Haven, Tokyo)
Quarterfinals: 2 (Doha, Madrid)
Slam Results: R2-R2-R4-R2
Best Wins: Halep, Safarova, Agatha, Suarez Navarro, Kerber

Guest will most likely end the year outside the top 20 while La Borz will most likely be around #15. Guest made about $300K more than La Borz this year.

Who gets your vote?

·
Registered
23,230 Posts
monotra... :spit:
both had quite an awful season though, there's no point in denying it.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Both very mediocre, forgettable seasons. Obviously Vika did better in the slams and Wozniacki did better everywhere else (or rather played more everywhere else).

I'd probably be a lot more concerned with Vika if she had the season Wozniacki had than the season she actually has so I'll say Vika has the better season. Wozniacki played 21 events with a top 5/top 10 ranking and thus high seeding and still couldn't end the season in the top 10 nor get a title above MM level (so far). Vika had a much more limited schedule and low seeding.

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
Those stats you produce suggest Caroline but the slam results and prize money indicate Vika had a better year, she played Serena and Maria a combined five times (I think) which didn't help.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Kuala Lumpur > no career

·
Registered
38,134 Posts
That's like asking who had a better season between Vanda Lukacs and Yurika Sema

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

·
Registered
19,471 Posts
It's obvious La Borz had a better season. At least she's still winning titles and had more finals than Azazel had since 2013:wink2:

Guest need to get her shit together. 2 years without a title and barely a final :spit:

·
Registered
20,121 Posts
Guest? La Borz? Never heard of these players. What is their ranking? Or do they have one?

·
Registered
47,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
La Borz has already lost the poll 5 times over. That's still only one more time than she lost to Guest in 2015. :lol:

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Guest.
Two Slam QF's + another 4R, final of Doha is better than Woz's vulturing MM's.
Top 10 wins also I guess. :eek:h:

·
Registered
20,938 Posts
None option should have been available.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Madison Brengle.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Actually only now realizing this was by far the worst season for generation SUCK (Aga, Caro, Vika) since they emerged on the WTA tour 6/7/8 years ago. :eek:

(Of course not counting 2014 for Vika because she was injured)

1 - 20 of 89 Posts