Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who got you into tennis? Here's the results.

Hingis: 16% of you said she got you following tennis...
Graf: 15%
Capriati: 8%
Williams(both): 7%
Sabatini/Belgians: 6%
Seles/Pierce/ASV/Evert: 4%
Zvereva/Dokic/Davenport/Navratilova: 3%
Kournikova: 2%
Hantuchova/Tulyganova/Novotna/MJFernandez/Goolagong/Schnyder/K.Date/Rubin/BJK: 1%

I know this isn't complete but I was doing it for fun. :) Hingis/Graf impacted women's tennis the most, its not the same without those 2.:rain::sad::bolt:

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
I woulda voted Martina too :sad:

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,453 Posts
Almasy said:
We all miss you Martina!!! You brought women's tennis to where it is today! :sad:

:crying2: :crying2:

btw... I like your poll idea! rep points for you! ;)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Thx for posting the results.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
in other words, a lot of Hingis/Steffi fans actually PLAY tennis, while many of the fans of other players simply log on to TALK about it? why am i not surprised...:eek:

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
i said ASV

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
tennischick said:
in other words, a lot of Hingis/Steffi fans actually PLAY tennis, while many of the fans of other players simply log on to TALK about it? why am i not surprised...:eek:
I will disgree with you here. You gotta realise that Steffi and Hingis were making statements much earlier than the rest. Personally i have always enjoyed tennis but Venus got me hooked. I am sure several others have similar experiences. In a few years ask the same question and the main draw card will be the present players.
Tennis has become huge in belgium now thanks to Kim and justine. By your logic all the belgian posters don't play but only come in to talk about it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
731 Posts
I was away when voting took place but of course i would have said Martina Hingis! I love playing tennis!

·
Registered
25,212 Posts
Monica Seles and Chris Evert both came in at 4%. I'm shocked. This is a YOUNG board. I didn't vote on this but since my answer is BJK, my vote wouldn't have affected anything. No Margaret at all. 24 GS titles and not a murmur.

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
Venus got me! :bounce:

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
tennnisfannn said:
...Tennis has become huge in belgium now thanks to Kim and justine. By your logic all the belgian posters don't play but only come in to talk about it.
that is absolutely correct. in the same way, a lot of Williams fans who do not play tennis started logging on to discuss it once Serena and Venus took over the sport.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts