Who Do You Want To See GAUFF vs 1R ???

• An "Old Player - such as KUZNETSOVA :oh:

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as Cori GAUFF looks to tangle with world #2 Ashleigh BARTY in ATP Winston Salem this week, there is only a week left before she graces the USO courts (undoubtedly Arthur Ashe stadium) with her presence

with the eyes of the whole United States and maybe world watching, it will be interesting to see which of the other 127 players she actually faces in 1R :bolt:

·
Registered
16,648 Posts
Darling Halep. I want a rematch !!!
People were saying Gauff lost because she had a stomach problem. OK.. So let's see when both are healthy.

·
Registered
29,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
14,947 Posts
You really love the hype. She could lose first round easily if she draws a decent opponent. Diyas should have quieted the hype. Personally, if like to see her face Whiteny Osiguie. I feel like they are on a similar level but Gauff gets he hype.

·
Registered
29,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the USO is clever and actually rigging draws, she'll face Sharapova.
wouldn't that be a waste :scratch:

as both GAUFF and SHARAPOVA could be scheduled on Arthur Ashe facing other opponents :surprise:

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
it doesn't matter.

she will lose in round 1. she was so overhyped at wimbledon, it was ridiculous.
she beat a horrible venus in horrible form, and two of the most mental midgets in rybarikova & hercog.
( YES, I KNOW VENUS HAS PLAYED BETTER SINCE, but she was playing like shit then)

put her on court 12, and let her work for chance to play on the major court.
don't give her special treatment because of a couple of victories.
( of course that will not happen,but i think young players with little accomplishment get so overhyped before they have achieved anything.)

LET HER DEVELOP WITHOUT PRESSURE.

of course after this, she will now win the u.s. open.

·
Registered
14,947 Posts
Lord.... forum members like you just flame the fire.. the 15 yr old gets enough hate already, why keep making it worse? Can't we just comment on the draw when it comes out, instead of opening useless threads?

This is the OP's M.O.

·
La nuit je mens
87,976 Posts
wouldn't that be a waste :scratch:

as both GAUFF and SHARAPOVA could be scheduled on Arthur Ashe facing other opponents :surprise:
It's about making as much noise as possible. Not about her drawing some random scrub. The seats on Ashe are sold anyway. The TV ratings is what they'll target.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts