Tennis Forum banner

Who do you want to win Australian Open 2023 among the 4 semifinalists?

• Aryna Sabalenka

• Elena Rybakina

• Victoria Azarenka

• Magda Linette

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

· Keep calm and be gay.
53,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you want to win Australian Open 2023 among the 4 semifinalists?

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

Reactions: PLP

· Registered
Ball Bash City Samsonova Rybakina Yastremska
9,459 Posts
Font Rectangle Pattern Darkness Number

· Registered
4,072 Posts
Imagine that, 2 Belarusians and 1 Kazakhstan-representing Russian in the semis. The worst possible scenario for organizers who went political by banning flags earlier in the tournament. :hysteric:
They’re probably more concerned with the rock bottom local TV ratings and the absence/flops of Barty, Alcaraz, Kyrgios, Tomljanovic, Nadal, Rune, Ruud, etc…

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were actively cheering for Azarenka because she’s the most media friendly of the options.

· Registered
2,788 Posts
Elena Rybakina. Otherwise Magda. That's it

· Registered
18,389 Posts
I've picked Aryna because I think it would be great for the tour if she was a Slam Champion.
Hopefully she plays Elena in the final.(if she wins :cheer:, that would be awesome too)
Magda third pick
Vika Fourth pick.

Reactions: Kuders

· Registered
2,100 Posts
Vika or Aryna would be a dream. Vika because she deserves to be more than a two slam winner but her peaks nearly always coincides with Serena peaks. Aryna because she is overdue a slam and I think the tour could use a genuine and regular challenger to Iga.

· Registered
60,494 Posts
I shouldn't post in this thread but I'll be brave and still do it- slight change between QF lineup and SF lineup

1.Rybakina- that's what WTA needs
2.Azarenka -accomplished veteran guest who already won, but not yet as a mom (see what I'm doing? ...:p )
3.Sabalenka - can't say it wouldn't be deserved

4.Linette - I have no words to add to this :dunno:

· Registered
4,362 Posts
Imagine that, 2 Belarusians and 1 Kazakhstan-representing Russian in the semis. The worst possible scenario for organizers who went political by banning flags earlier in the tournament. :hysteric:
I don't think they mind at all. Wimbledon was the only tournament that actually banned the players from competing and the tour was against that. Seems like they have no issue with these players competing and doing well.

Want Sabalenka or Azarenka to take this!

1 - 20 of 135 Posts