Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now the draw is out, who do you really want to see the final? Like you would be paying $$$ to watch in person or glued to TV with popcorn and/or Kleenex just in case!

For me, it would be S.Williams(8) vs B.Andreescu(15)!

Both has the mental toughness but Power + Variety = Drama!

If S.Williams wins, will she hang up the racket after winning 24 majors to tie Margaret Court and announce 2nd pregnancy?
If B.Andreescu is winning, will S.Williams create a repeat drama with a different umpire like last year?

Only time will tell!

·
Registered
297 Posts
i want to see Andreescu obviously!!!!....

and i'll go with Ashleigh Barty too...

but i won't be too upset with anyone tbh....

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Kvitova vs. Barty

No chance I know. :)

I would like to see Andreescu there too, jumping into the top 10.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Another vote here for Andreescu and someone like Kenin or Yastremska would be pretty cool, but more realistically, maybe Keys in a Toronto-Cincinatti winners clash.

Most of my preferred players are in that top half. Andreescu vs Sabalenka would have been ideal for me, but that will just have to be the semi final instead...

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I personally would love to see Angie regaining form and winning it. But thinking on the tour, the best case scenario would be Ostapenko going all the way. Swiatek would be a great story also.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Serena vs Simona. This is THE match of our time, not that outdated, overrated, cheating, oversized, low IQ babushka. Serena seems really fit to me, i don't think anyone can stop her until the final once again, Simona has Bianca on her way, but she'll get there.

·
La nuit je mens
86,901 Posts
Andreescu vs Kerber :eek:h:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,060 Posts
Kiki Bertens against anyone really. :lol: I really want her to get a slamrun after the failures this year. :eek:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
No way is Halep going to reach back-to-back Major Finals.
You mean like last year? When will people learn. Her and Serena are the only two players who made it into 3 finals in the last two seasons. Statistically speaking Halep and Serena are the most likely finalists here. Of course I don't expect her to make the final here too (much more likely in Australia next year), but your certainty, 'no way is Halep going to reach back-to-back Major Finals', is downright silly, especially when you know full well she's done it before.

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
Naomi v Ash

And I want to see the top players making the quarters and semis...not another fall apart draw.
Seconded.
Naomi has a knee bracelet and Belinda though, and we know how doe-eyed eyes Ash gets when she sees Serena is across the net. So... the draw will collapse obviously.

Let's get 24 and get this show finished off already.

·
Registered
670 Posts
You mean like last year? When will people learn. Her and Serena are the only two players who made it into 3 finals in the last two seasons. Statistically speaking Halep and Serena are the most likely finalists here. Of course I don't expect her to make the final here too (much more likely in Australia next year), but your certainty, 'no way is Halep going to reach back-to-back Major Finals', is downright silly, especially when you know full well she's done it before.
Especially when the new courts on AO next year will have a lower bounce.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts