Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
You are all pathetic. Wozniacki was playing great tennis at the time. Beat Muguruza 6-2 6-0, and after losing many finals started winning. Defeated Serena in straight sets at the WTA Finals final!!! In Singapore also beat Pliskova in straight sets (semifinals) and humiliated 6-2 6-0 Svitolina.

Best months in her career. Plus Halep anyway played a lot at that AO.
Look at you, coming into the room LOUD and WRONG. Be one or the other, but never both. She didn't defeat Serena in the final you numskull, she defeated Venus, serena was too preoccupied having Olympia and almost DYING.

Both Wozniacki and Halep played the same amount of 3 setters in the tournament, so miss me with the "Halep played a lot that AO" both players played alot. Yet Halep, with a break up, still couldn't defeat a Wozniacki with a crappy crappy forehand and average backhand.

Both players play a similar style, being defensive counter punchers, which is physically demanding style to begin with, so being on court for a long period of time, is no surprise.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Halep eviscerated Azarenka lately, 6-3 6-1 and 7-6 6-2. Also defeated her in 2015.

Why do you say better talent? Maybe Azarenka was early, and Halep came of age later. In the end, Halep started very hard in the WTA, there were errors during the junior period of a very defensive coach.

If Halep wins 3-4 more Slams? Why don't you say that Azarenka is a little unstable? The truth is that she only proved it in a few years.

Just that Halep also TRASHED Serena in 2014 at the WTA Finals!!! 6-0 6-2. When did Azarenka trash Serena?

You want to minimize Simona's triumph at Wimbledon 2019 anyway, but before the final you didn't give her a chance. Serena had smashed Strycova and it was Serena's favorite surface. Halep 6-3 6-1 Azarenka at Wimbledon 2019.
Azarenka defeated serena 6-1 6-3 in Miami in 2009. She didn't "Thrash" Serena in 2014, do you know what the word "thrash" means ? Why am I even talking to you, when all you do is yell out baseless stats to suit your objective. Yet when someone comes back you with facts, youre silent. Shouldnt your troll ass be somewhere calling Andresscu fat ?

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
Halep is younger and has more potential to add to her legacy but even If both players retired right now, I would still rate Halep higher. Azarenka was not as consistent and she focused her achievements mainly on hardcourt. Halep had ups and downs but she managed to come back when everybody predicted a long lasting decline.
Funny enough is that Vika started her decline at the age Halep is now.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Azarenka defeated serena 6-1 6-3 in Miami in 2009. She didn't "Thrash" Serena in 2014, do you know what the word "thrash" means ? Why am I even talking to you, when all you do is yell out baseless stats to suit your objective. Yet when someone comes back you with facts, youre silent. Shouldnt your troll ass be somewhere calling Andresscu fat ?
In 2009, ahahaha! And Andreescu is overweight, not sure I even called her like that. All of her injuries come because of that. Because she's overweight. I wish her well as anyone who would train her! For your knowledge I am her fan, I even predicted Andreescu winning a Slam.

Both Wozniacki and Halep played the same amount of 3 setters in the tournament, so miss me with the "Halep played a lot that AO" both players played alot. Yet Halep, with a break up, still couldn't defeat a Wozniacki with a crappy crappy forehand and average backhand.

Both players play a similar style, being defensive counter punchers, which is physically demanding style to begin with, so being on court for a long period of time, is no surprise.
Halep is not a counterpuncher, smarty. And Wozniacki was playing the tennis of her career at the time, you are not even watching the sport. Halep is more like a Nadal, Wozniacki like a Murray. Halep is very powerful, owns a great forehand and an aggressive forehand for her height. Halep has matches won with 10-15 winners, but also with 35. Wozniacki rarely was producing many winners. So their styles aren't the same. But give some credit to Caroline.

Plus Wozniacki covers the court like Rybakina, well running better, but Halep is the fastest player on tour. Halep can't cover the court like Wozniacki because she's simply of small height.

Show more respect. Not a fan of Wozniacki, but a few months around the AO she played very well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Look at you, coming into the room LOUD and WRONG. Be one or the other, but never both. She didn't defeat Serena in the final you numskull, she defeated Venus, serena was too preoccupied having Olympia and almost DYING.

Because Wozniacki totally won 30-28 and 9-7 decisive sets as well ... Also, Wozniacki hasn't faced any top 20 players till the final, while after the marathon with Davis Halep faced back to back Osaka ( who was gonna win AO the next year ), Pliskova and Kerber ( another marathon ) before the final.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Because Wozniacki totally won 30-28 and 9-7 decisive sets as well ... Also, Wozniacki hasn't faced any top 20 players till the final, while after the marathon with Davis Halep faced back to back Osaka ( who was gonna win AO the next year ), Pliskova and Kerber ( another marathon ) before the final.
He does not remember. Not sure why he's so disrespectful calling me a troll, just because I have different opinions. I am peaceful and I get along very well with most of the guys on the forum. Besides, I've been here for years, before I had the other Black Panther account. Certainly I am not a troll and not a hater, I do not offend players like others.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
In 2009, ahahaha! And Andreescu is overweight, not sure I even called her like that. All of her injuries come because of that. Because she's overweight. I wish her well as anyone who would train her! For your knowledge I am her fan, I even predicted Andreescu winning a Slam.

Halep is not a counterpuncher, smarty. And Wozniacki was playing the tennis of her career at the time, you are not even watching the sport. Halep is more like a Nadal, Wozniacki like a Murray. Halep is very powerful, owns a great forehand and an aggressive forehand for her height. Halep has matches won with 10-15 winners, but also with 35. Wozniacki rarely was producing many winners. So their styles aren't the same. But give some credit to Caroline.

Plus Wozniacki covers the court like Rybakina, well running better, but Halep is the fastest player on tour. Halep can't cover the court like Wozniacki because she's simply of small height.

Show more respect. Not a fan of Wozniacki, but a few months around the AO she played very well.
Yes 2009, one of the few years that Serena was still in her prime. Azarenka had luxury to defeat/challenge Serena while Serena was still young, something Halep can't relate to. Took for Serena to get old and inconsistent to have a chance against, because in 2012 and 2013, Halep was barely winning games against her, and even in 2014 a very injury prone and inconsistent year for Serena, she still defeated Halep in the final(where it mattered) 6-3 6-0.

Halep is very much a counter puncher, nowhere in the world is Halep whose main and only weapon is her SPEED, some aggressive, offensive beast, stop it. Wozniacki 2010/2011>2018. Murray and Nadal, are both counter punchers. Neither Halep or Wozniacki are anything like them, both Murray and Nadal are actually good all around players, that can and do venture to the net and even switch up tactics, something neither Wozniacki or Halep does, they are stuck to the baseline.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Why is there no poll???

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Yet you halep fans have no issue with bringing up her wimbledon final as some "peak" performance, against a 40 yr old, overweight Serena, who didn't perform at all to even a half of her capabilities and nowhere near her physical form to even compete. Make it make sense. You can't give one player the benefit of the doubt, then the next a no hold barred.

LOL at you trying to minimize the value of that win. Williams was playing great, she cruised through the draw and ran over Strycova like a tank in the SF. If Simona hadn't come out balling from the very first point, the same thing would have happened to her and it would have been 62 62 the other way. Williams was ready to destroy her, Simona just refused to let it happen.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Halep didnt even win 30-28, Against Davis is was 15-13 and 9-7 vs Kerber. Like why are we exaggerating ? Wozniacki actually did face top 20 players on her way to the final, Rybarikova who was ranked 19th at the time. Lol Halep only faced 1 top 20 player, that being Pliskova(who was ranked 6th and she defeated 6-3 6-2), Osaka( she defeated 6-3 6-2) was not even ranked inside of the top 40 during that time. Kerber was ranked 21 at the time. So both faced the same amount of top 20 players before the final. Like what are you even talking about? Where are you getting this Altfacts from ? Lol

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
LOL at you trying to minimize the value of that win. Williams was playing great, she cruised through the draw and ran over Strycova like a tank in the SF. If Simona hadn't come out balling from the very first point, the same thing would have happened to her and it would have been 62 62 the other way. Williams was ready to destroy her, Simona just refused to let it happen.
Lmao Like where do yall get this from ?
It's no different than you trying to minimize Azarenka and Wozniacki. Lets not throw stones and hide our hands.
How Serena played/plays a semi final is no indication to how she'll play a final, especially now a days. I could run you match stats of such things. 2012 us open semi and final, 2013 us open semi and final, 2013 FO semi and final. 2012 Wimbledon semi and final. Like i could keep going.
Serena in that final, let the moment, nerves and occasion get to her, to say there was nothing Serena could have done different to change the result of said final, is dishonest at best. Serena didn't move her feet, and didn't place her serves well, sucked on returns and couldn't rally to save her life. Halep was there to reap the benefits, being the counter puncher she is, stuck to what she knew best, got her serves in, and stayed far behind the baseline to return and rally. Halep did nothing outstanding or new than she doesn't do in any other match. Serena's horrible level of play, made Halep look better than she really was/is. To call that her "peak" is laughable, and actually an insult to Halep.

Thats all Im going to say in regards to that match, and will no longer speak on Serena, since this thread is regarding Azarenka and Halep.

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
Watch that match again. Serena was probably in her best GS shape of her comeback. Halep simply did not allow Serena into the match. Halep was excellent and it was easily her best match of her career. Look where Halep was standing to return serves...she was ready and returned several 115+ mph serves.

Serena surely had every intention of destroying Halep but Halep was ready for everything and played out of her mind, flawless tennis that day.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I wronged the numbers from her decisive with Davis, but my point still stands, she played much more than Wozniacki and against better players, being injured from R1, so that final doesn't take away anything from Simona career, it actually adds one more GS final than Vika's.

Reactions: Gabriel_Hrnandz

·
Registered
7,723 Posts
Defending a slam vs. Two different slams.

Azarenka has a higher ceiling, Halep has a higher floor.

Reactions: 'JCau98

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Yes 2009, one of the few years that Serena was still in her prime. Azarenka had luxury to defeat/challenge Serena while Serena was still young, something Halep can't relate to. Took for Serena to get old and inconsistent to have a chance against, because in 2012 and 2013, Halep was barely winning games against her, and even in 2014 a very injury prone and inconsistent year for Serena, she still defeated Halep in the final(where it mattered) 6-3 6-0.
Again, are you serious? As RybaKenina and Vogus told you, are you set on discrediting? They told you about the 2019 Wimbledon final, after I also said that. And in 2014 Halep demolished Serena 6-2 6-0. Sure, you will say it was an accident because Serena won the final. But Williams was in the final because Halep allowed her by losing to Ivanovic in a match without stake (anyway, not important). I am just saying it's not like Azarenka didn't lose 12 out of 13 matches to the BEAST, around that victory.

Halep beat prime beast Serena 6-2 6-0! In a match with stake. And in 2019 the whole forum believed and no one gave Halep a chance against Serena in the final, even after Simona demolished Azarenka and Svitolina.

Halep is very much a counter puncher, nowhere in the world is Halep whose main and only weapon is her SPEED, some aggressive, offensive beast, stop it. Wozniacki 2010/2011>2018. Murray and Nadal, are both counter punchers. Neither Halep or Wozniacki are anything like them, both Murray and Nadal are actually good all around players, that can and do venture to the net and even switch up tactics, something neither Wozniacki or Halep does, they are stuck to the baseline.
What in the world is a counter puncher? Were Clijsters and Henin at the level of tall players? As I said, Simona has a very varied game, and I don't mean Henin's shots. She plays according to her needs, but she has matches in which she also wins 35 points. Players of this level can not be "counter punchers". Indeed, Murray was less aggressive but he was more aggressive than Wozniacki. I just can't call Nadal and Halep counter punchers. If I run videos for you with Halep playing against Hantuchova and Kuznetsova, you will see what kind of an aggressive player she is.

Took for Serena to get old and inconsistent to have a chance against, because in 2012 and 2013, Halep was barely winning games against her.
WHAT? You seem to be a very dubious individual. You know them all but when it comes to Halep you talk nonsense.

This is because Serena is 10 years old over Halep! Since 2014, the score is 6-2 for Serena and the American has rarely won easily. 3 victories were in 3 sets (2 on American soil where Serena had many supporters). It could easily have been only 5-3, it was a fairer score.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Watch that match again. Serena was probably in her best GS shape of her comeback. Halep simply did not allow Serena into the match. Halep was excellent and it was easily her best match of her career. Look where Halep was standing to return serves...she was ready and returned several 115+ mph serves.

Serena surely had every intention of destroying Halep but Halep was ready for everything and played out of her mind, flawless tennis that day.
Sammie can still download the 2019 Wimbledon. Halep was also so smart. She could easily have entered a game of power, but she did not. Immaculate.

An incredible tactical match with a lot of pressure, not like against Svitolina when she flew on the field and produced a lot of winning balls.

They need a laugh button on this forum, because some of these posts, I just cant.
Well, 3 people tell you otherwise.

Halep did nothing outstanding or new than she doesn't do in any other match. Serena's horrible level of play, made Halep look better than she really was/is. To call that her "peak" is laughable, and actually an insult to Halep.

Thats all Im going to say in regards to that match, and will no longer speak on Serena, since this thread is regarding Azarenka and Halep.
We have nothing to do if you only understand so much from the game of tennis. But maybe you're talking nonsense and then we understand. My conclusion over the years is that you educate fools in vain because they still understand what they want even from an objective material. Maybe you talk to them.

·
Registered
12,106 Posts
Vika somehow gets extra credit because she acted like a bad ass during her prime.

The game and the results just do not match the attitude.

0-10 versus Serena at the slams says it all, and she was in a winning position in several of those matches.

Hell, I think even Garbine Muguruza has had a better career.
Lol, she didn't act like a badass. She literally was a badass, and scrubs would shit their pants at drawing her, like they would Serena or Maria. Now, if a mid-range player drew a top 10 player, they probably think "Meh, if I play like 80% and she chokes important points, I have a good chance".

61 - 80 of 128 Posts