Who did better against Serena, Safina vs Maria Sharapova

AO Open Final 07 Serena v Sharapova 6–1, 6–2

AO Open Final 09 Serena v Sharapova 6–0, 6–3

Discuss

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,206 Posts
Sharapova did better.

Serena played better during 07 final and Sharapova still managed to get Serena to deuce in some occasions..

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
Sharapova did better.

Serena played better during 07 final and Sharapova still managed to get Serena to deuce in some occasions..
LOL
what an achievement:worship:

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,206 Posts
LOL
what an achievment:worship:
Hey, it's like comparing a truck crushing two sedans.

So we have no choice other than trying to find out who last longer and gives better resilience. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,232 Posts
Maria did better. She played well and when she managed to win games she was playing perfect tennis.

·
Registered
19,560 Posts
Sharapova hands down. Let's face it, the Serena that turned up in the 2007 final would have crushed the 2009 final version. Maria didn't get bagelled and fought hard despite being 5-0 down in the first and 4-0 down in the second. The only thing going for Dinara is that she actually managed to break serve but that was more due to Serena errors than her own great play.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Definitely Maria. If Maria played the 2009 Serena, she would have gotten more games. Meawhile, if Dinara played 2007 Serena, it would be 6-0, 6-0.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
it's hard to say because serena's level was so outstanding in 07. maria played as well as serena allowed her to and she never let serena completely run away.

dinara played ONE good game and then tried to play a few more good games, which serena decided the outcome of. maria took EVERY opportunity she had, but there weren't many of them. Dinara never got herself into a position where she could have an opportunity. She was waiting for Serena to make a mistake...not a good idea

so i guess, given that serena's level was higher in 07, and maria won the same amount of games as dinara did when serena was playing just better than her usual, i have to say that maria played better. dinara waas shameful, I'd pretend not to know her if I was marat.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
I agree If Dinara played 07 Serena I don't even know If she could win 2 points

·
21,943 Posts
Who did better against Serena, Safina vs Maria Sharapova

AO Open Final 07 Serena v Sharapova 6–1, 6–2

AO Open Final 09 Serena v Sharapova 6–0, 6–3

Discuss
:inlove:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Maria suppose to be Serena and Venus nightmare!!!Two different player's.To me,it was worst for Maria.She suppose to be the wta saver.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I'm gonna have to say Safina. At least no one really expected Safina to win the title, but they sure expected Sharapova to win the whole thing. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE would have predicted the thrashing that Serena unleased on Maria. It was soon after that win that people started calling Maria a fake #1. Maria was the top seed in 2007, and became the new number 1 player after her beat down by Serena that year. This year Serena was playing against someone who was one match away from being number 1. Simply amazing.

·
Registered
30,296 Posts
why is demented in this poll?
Maria played her heart out, but Champerena was on court and she got trashed.

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
I'm gonna have to say Safina. At least no one really expected Safina to win the title, but they sure expected Sharapova to win the whole thing. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE would have predicted the thrashing that Serena unleased on Maria. It was soon after that win that people started calling Maria a fake #1. Maria was the top seed in 2007, and became the new number 1 player after her beat down by Serena that year. This year Serena was playing against someone who was one match away from being number 1. Simply amazing.
The poll is about who played better :eek:..not what is the most shocking result :rolleyes:...GOD stop to hate a player that much, be realistic, Safina was a ball girl on the court against Serena, she said it herself...:rolleyes: Maria did get crushed but it wasn't because she was playing shit, she did well Serena was just too good

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
The poll is about who played better :eek:..not what is the most shocking result :rolleyes:...GOD stop to hate a player that much, be realistic, Safina was a ball girl on the court against Serena, she said it herself...:rolleyes: Maria did get crushed but it wasn't because she was playing shit, she did well Serena was just too good
If Safina was a ball girl, then Maria was the towel girl in her beat down. They both played like shit, but it happens sometimes when you play real talent.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
I'm gonna have to say Safina. At least no one really expected Safina to win the title, but they sure expected Sharapova to win the whole thing. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE would have predicted the thrashing that Serena unleased on Maria.
Hmmmmm.... an interesting perspective. Viewed in terms of how good they were supposed to be, Safina did play better. But neither of them was close to competitive.

The difference I saw, and this may just be personalities, is that Safina let you see she felt helpless. Sharapova doesn't do that, even when she IS helpless. Safina did better in her second set than Sharapova id in either of her sets. Which means as much as Safaina getting bageled. ie, not much.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts