1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
Wait till you see Misses Davenport-Leach! :cool:

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
It looks like Serena is going to get another chance at building on her incredible h2h ratio against Lindsay Davenport in the final. I'm not so sure I want to see that match- could be painful.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
SJW said:
she still has two matches to play :shrug:
Based on her form going into the semis, Serena has to have a really bad day to lose to any of the other players still in the draw. To borrow a quote from Martina Navratilova (made about Monica Seles), Serena was like a Mack truck today, and the only way Jennifer was going to win was if Serena sprained an ankle or something, but you know Mack trucks don't get sprained ankes :)

What I want to know is why on earth Venus can't pick up a few things from watching Serena serve!

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
If her serve stays at the level of the last three matches....I´m afraid that NOBODY is gonna stop her from winning this tournament. That serve is just AMAZING.

·
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
21,902 Posts
well, No1 can challenge her if she plays like this. A hot Lindsay could give her a run for her money, she could even win if Serena is slightly off. (I hope)

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Dunno .. I saw Serena playing such a 'death' match before in Paris last year against Mauresmo but she didn't won the title ... The best match need to be played on saturday so let's wait and see what the rest is going to do but she has a good shot imo

·
49,001 Posts
I highly doubt that Amelie and Lindsay are gonna be capable! But were taking it 1 match at a time...

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
On grass, I don't think anyone can challenge Serena if she plays her best.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Maybe Lindsay if she's playing amazing tennis, hitting everything deep, within inches of the baseline, and serving incredibly...

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i see no one left on the draw that is a little more capable of beating serena than a sprained ankle!

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
fleemke³ said:
Dunno .. I saw Serena playing such a 'death' match before in Paris last year against Mauresmo but she didn't won the title ... The best match need to be played on saturday so let's wait and see what the rest is going to do but she has a good shot imo

Almost did pull that one off....but the difference is that it was against Juju on Juju´s best surface. Now who can say they are better on grass than Serena?!

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
HectorMagnus said:
no GermanBoy, no way....with that effort only an injury or earthquake....
Yes. HectorMagnus, yes! :cool: ;) Jen and Lindsay are pretty similar but there is one difference, whenever Jen gets nervous and plays hectically Lindsay is and stays calm. :)

·
Registered
19,362 Posts
Rub said:
... from winning the title?
there is not player left in the tournament who could beat Serena.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
GermanBoy said:
Yes. HectorMagnus, yes! :cool: ;) Jen and Lindsay are pretty similar but there is one difference, whenever Jen gets nervous and plays hectically Lindsay is and stays calm. :)
;) I know you would like to see it but I can't see anyone in Serena's way....
She's simply magnificent in her grass play....Serena vs. Lindsay there is a huge difference and it is movement, no way but Lindsay isn't the greatest athlete but Serena is a gazelle...

So unhappy with Jen's performance but I must honestly say that I expected it, Serena and grass belong to each other, if there is anybody in draw who would beat her it will be the greatest surprise for me (yes, the greatest surprise) in last couple of years.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts