Tennis Forum banner

Who want you to become moderator of the Cocktail Party?

• Pinky aka beauty_is_pink

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Doubtie aka No Doubt

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Graham aka GrahamD

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Joe aka joegerardi

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, it's time for the decisive vote :bounce:

Finally we can bring this long and exhausting process to an end :D
To make things short, the nominees are (lol, I feel like I am announcing the oscars... :cool: ) :

Pinky :worship: Doubtie :worship: Graham :worship: and Joe :worship:

The vote will close after the weekend, so make sure that you have cast your vote by then! :wavey:

... the next poll I start will definitely be Dani-related for a change :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
997 Posts
I thought it was going to be down to you and chapel

when I've been online you two are the ones I see more around here

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
wtarules said:
I voted Joe, he's been a moderator for 5 years if I remember well, that was the deciding factor for me.
Regardless of who you vote for, make sure it's because you think that person will do a good job, not because they're the most popular. Being a moderator can be a PITA: You are required to read every thread, several times a day, and then make the judgement calls on what needs to go. Over on the GlockTalk page I moderate the joke forum, called "The Lighter Side," and there's no foul language tolerated there at all. Imagine how tedious it can be, making sure everyone stays inside the rules.

..Joe

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
joegerardi said:
Regardless of who you vote for, make sure it's because you think that person will do a good job, not because they're the most popular. Being a moderator can be a PITA: You are required to read every thread, several times a day, and then make the judgement calls on what needs to go. Over on the GlockTalk page I moderate the joke forum, called "The Lighter Side," and there's no foul language tolerated there at all. Imagine how tedious it can be, making sure everyone stays inside the rules.

..Joe
Well, I don't care about popularity, I care about getting the job done and that requires experience. If you're used to be a moderator, then you could do it here. :)

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
beauty_is_pink said:
how many mods. are we having?
oh no, I saw that question coming... :eek: I don't know :confused:

I personally think not more than two, but I believe we should discuss that when the vote is over... :)

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,453 Posts
moogle san said:
oh no, I saw that question coming... :eek: I don't know :confused:

I personally think not more than two, but I believe we should discuss that when the vote is over... :)

graham said that we should let the person who is mod. decide whether or not they want back-up... good idea i say!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
beauty_is_pink said:
graham said that we should let the person who is mod. decide whether or not they want back-up... good idea i say!
yeah, I think that's the best thing we could do :D

Kudos to Graham for that :wavey:

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,453 Posts
moogle san said:
yeah, I think that's the best thing we could do :D

Kudos to Graham for that :wavey:

he's a wise man that graham... ;)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
just 10 votes so far??? :confused:
c'mon CP'ers!!!!

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
do we really have to tell everyone who we voted for?

anyway, i'll vote this sunday, just before the poll ends.

...and to all 4, good luck! :wavey:

·
Registered
679 Posts
marquinho_85 said:
just 10 votes so far??? :confused:
c'mon CP'ers!!!!
sorry couldn't vote any earlier, boss was hanging around. Maybe he was curious after I asked for time off to see Danni in Toronto.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
daniela's necklace said:
I thought it was going to be down to you and chapel

when I've been online you two are the ones I see more around here
that sounded like we're real politicians--trying to be as visible to people as possible!

actually, me and moogie share the same thoughts on this whole mod thing! we don't want to have one and we don't want the job! but since it's necessary we have to give way. we just organized this whole poll thing since we don't think that it would appear fair if one of the candidates is in charge....coz he/she will already have a head start. so there!
......and for crying out loud....i'm lazy! why would i want to be mod? that's just too much work!

·
Registered
743 Posts
I vote for Graham : always there, and very good job during "l'Affaire Peterson"...

(btw, maybe one day a Haddock's story to relate l'Affaire Peterson...)

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,453 Posts
kysersoze said:
sorry couldn't vote any earlier, boss was hanging around. Maybe he was curious after I asked for time off to see Danni in Toronto.

:wavey: i'm going too! hope to see ya there... it'll be a blast!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GrahamD said:
Ahem!

It's now 6.45pm and the poll is now closed.
LOL, it's still one hour left graham! You wish :p

But what a turn of events in the last few hours :eek:

I think it's pretty cool that it was such a tough vote. At least that can already be said :cool:

... moogie chills the champagne ... :)

Reactions: gorecki
1 - 20 of 45 Posts