Tennis Forum banner

I'd like the winner of AO 2018 to be:

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda tough for me as I'd like to see both these players win a major. But I'm rooting for Wozniacki. In no small part because of the years of BS bashing of her on this forum.

·
Blighted and solo
43,980 Posts
Simona, plz!

I never thought Wozniacki would win a Major and although her winning really won't bother me like it would have 7-8 years ago I'd still rather she not. Her game and technique are quite aesthetically unappealing.

Reactions: Pavliukin and TNT96

·
Registered
8,692 Posts
Halep. Has shown real champion's mentality in this tournament. That second MP save against Angie was so clutch.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Simona deserves it. I can't imagine Woz having a slam. WTA would be in ruins! lol

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
Simona deserves it. I can't imagine Woz having a slam. WTA would be in ruins! lol
tennisforum would be in ruins..... I borderline want it to happen though I cant imagine who she'd threaten to sue if she actually gets a major.

Reactions: MuguRena

·
Registered
10,855 Posts
This. :shrug:

I don't care for either but I guess at least one of them won't be a slamless number one anymore. I guess that's good for tennis.

Reactions: MajesticVenus

·
Registered
18,631 Posts
If she wins here, Simona is nicely positioned to snatch a multi-slam year as I imagine, barring any weird surprises, she would be the massive favorite going into the French. I also think that winning here could potentially help Simona move her career forward more convincingly. This could possibly put her on a path that sees her winning a handful of these trophies. And honestly, Simona's draw and performances have the makings of a tournament that changes a player. So I guess for all of that, I voted for Simona.

But I wouldn't be surprised or unhappy with Caro winning.

·
Registered
19,356 Posts
I want Simona to win the final on Saturday. :hearts:

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
This is sort of like the 2016 US Presidential Election all over it. I'm just going to try not to vomit, and pick one of them. :( Halep, I guess?

·
Registered
38,135 Posts

1 - 20 of 142 Posts