Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Shine On Silver Moon said:
Romana is listed in waiting list for qual of Wismilak Int'l as u can see in its thread...for the rest, only Romana knows...:D
I see but she tends to withdraw..like many ones in US..hse got into main draw but pulled out..but I see other asian tournaments..she did not enter..so I am not sure if she is coming to Bali...will be good WCQ are given to Sandy and Lavinia...

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
firehorse said:
I see but she tends to withdraw..like many ones in US..hse got into main draw but pulled out..but I see other asian tournaments..she did not enter..so I am not sure if she is coming to Bali...will be good WCQ are given to Sandy and Lavinia...
She entered all WTA tournies in Asia. She is in Qualifying Next In Lists.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
East meets West in the PTT Bangkok Open tennis

The US$200,000 PTT Bangkok Open professional women’s tennis tournament, which is being staged at the Rama Gardens Hotel, Bangkok from 07 – 15 October has attracted a strong field which matches the best of the Asian players against the emerging stars from Europe in a classic East versus West confrontation over the nine days of the tournament.

H.E. Suwat Liptapanlop, Deputy Prime Minister and President of the Lawn Tennis Association of Thailand presiding over the press conference to announce details of the tournament revealed that “ top Asian stars as Sania Mirza, the 19 year-old Indian starlet, Chinese duo of Li Na and Zheng Jie and Japan’s Shinobu Asagoe will be competing in Bangkok against emerging stars from Europe as Anabel Medina Garrigues the Spanish No 1, Marion Bartoli and Natalie Dechy from France and Lucie Safarova from the Czech Republic. In addition we have Australia’s Alicia Molik and Agentina’s Gisella Dulko to add to the mix. He added that he was especially looking forward to seeing this year’s double grand slam champions Zheng Jie and Jan Zi in action in Bangkok, especially after their impressive championship win at Wimbledon last month.”

Mr Chaiyapak Siriwat, Chairman of the Organising Committee added “It is great to have the top Asian and European players competing in Thailand, they will add excitement to the event which already has a host of well-known names lined-up. We should not forget our Fed Cup pair of Tamarine Tanasugarn and Suchanan Vilaiprasert who are both capable of causing some upsets.”

The PTT Bangkok Open is the largest professional tennis event for women in Thailand and will be held over nine days at the Rama Gardens Hotel tennis complex in Bangkok.

The facility has a centre court with a capacity for 3,000 spectators with additional grandstand seating on the other two match courts.

A Pre-Qualifying tournament to determine wild card spots in the singles and doubles draw for Thai players in the tournament will be held at the Rama Gardens Hotel from 26 – 29 August.

The Qualifying rounds will be held on the 7 – 9 October with play commencing at 10.00. Main draw matches will start from the 9 October with play starting from 15.00 daily, with the finals on Sunday 15 October starting from 15.30.

Tickets will go on sale from today at the following prices:

Saturday 7 October - Sunday 8 October: Admission Free
Monday 9 October - Thursday 12 October: 200 & 300 baht.
Friday 13 October - Sunday 15 October: 300 & 500 baht

For further information and bookings, call the tournament hot line on 02-382 -3488 or 02-3823491-3, or visit the official website at: www.pentanglepromotions.com

ITV is the host broadcaster and will televise “live” one of the singles semi-finals on Saturday 14 October and the singles final on Sunday 15 October.

Sponsors of the PTT Bangkok Open include the Petroleum Authority of Thailand (PTT), The Bangkok Municipal Administration (BMA), Rama Gardens Hotel, Sony-Ericsson, The Nation Multimedia Group, Grand Sport, Grand Prix International Co., Ltd. Yonex , CS Loxinfo, Wilson, And Samitivej Hospital.

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
guys I really am not sure whether Na Li will play here or not. she supposedly said on a website that she is playing in Moscow instead

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
firehorse said:
They should go to Thais players...same thing for Bali..I hate to see all WCs go to foreign players...
P'Jirobkk said 3 MD WC and qualifying WC will goes to Thai players. :)

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Vut said:
Good news! :hearts: Tanasugarn, Tongsalee and Viratprasert
Also, the pre-qualifying players for Q-WCs
wow..I thought 2 WMD for local, one WC for gold/silver exempt...are you sure???
It is better than Wismilak...they gace one WMD to Prakusya and other 2 WCMD for foreign players...

·
Premium Member
181,826 Posts
pierce0415 said:
guys I really am not sure whether Na Li will play here or not. she supposedly said on a website that she is playing in Moscow instead
she's entered both
as Zheng is playing here, she will probably be here instead.

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
TheBoiledEgg said:
she's entered both
as Zheng is playing here, she will probably be here instead.
so she is in the Main Draw for both tournaments?
does that mean she has a week to decide which tournament she wants to play? :confused:

·
Premium Member
181,826 Posts
pierce0415 said:
so she is in the Main Draw for both tournaments?
does that mean she has a week to decide which tournament she wants to play? :confused:
yes one week.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Na Li did not enter Bangkok. Her name is in Moscow.

She lost in the 1st round in Pattaya, THA in January this year. May be she had bad memory playing in THA.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts