Tennis Forum banner

261 - 267 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
10,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
I think she just in minor setback atm, along with the fact she low on confidences, we kinda seen that with Marta Kostyuk back when she had her great run at Aussie Open. But I’m hoping she rebound and start winning again soon

·
Registered
185 Posts
Whitney's draw at the Aussie qualies. Hopefully she worked on some things over the break and is ready to go!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Whitney into the final round of qualies!

1st rd def Kawa (5) 64 63
2nd rd def Gadecki (WC) 62 64

She will face Buzarnescu for a spot in the main draw. Tough test but hopefully she doesn't feel the pressure and goes for it!

·
Registered
10,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
She into the MD she beat Buzarnescu 2-6, 7-6 6-2, coming back after being down 6-2 5-2 and I believe Buzarnescu had couple MP.

happy too see she made the MD, let pray for good draw now

·
Registered
10,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
In the last match of the day, 18-year-old Whitney Osuigwe continued her stunning turnaround in form with a three-set win over Romanian Mihaela Buzarnescu.

The American teen had lost 11 of her final 12 matches in 2020, having not tasted not tasted victory since February. And she looked headed for another defeat when she trailed Buzarnescu 6-2 5-2.

Yet buoyed by a new mentality, she rebounded to record an inspiring 2-6 7-6(1) 6-2 triumph.

"I really tried to make that my identity, never giving up. It shows in tennis it's never over until it's actually over, so I kept that in the back of mind the entire time," Osuigwe said.

"Last year was tough, and I think at a point in time I started not enjoying tennis. So a big part of coming into this year was just finding my happiness with tennis again, just leaving 2020 behind me and starting fresh.

"During the pre-season I was on the track every single day, practising twice a day, so I worked really hard to get to where I am right now.

Reactions: SERVivor
261 - 267 of 267 Posts