Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHITNEY HOUSTON IN ISRAEL
May 27, 2003 | Diva WHITNEY HOUSTON landed in Israel Sunday where she will reportedly work on her planned Christmas album. Houston, her husband BOBBY BROWN and their daughter are visiting with the Black Hebrews, a group of black Americans who immigrated to the Middle Eastern nation and believe they are the descendants of one of the lost tribes of Israel. Among the group's traditions are polygamy and an adherence to a strict vegan diet. According to Israel army radio, in addition to staying with the group, Houston will record a track about Israel with several members of the community, which is known for its choirs and singing groups.

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
WhoA!!!!!

First of all, she's in ISRAEL to do a CHRISTmas album. Secondly, she is with the African Hebrew Israelites. (How did THAT happen?). I hope she eats some of that delicious vegan food. It's very tasty.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
They need to stop!!!

I think they got on the wrong plane and tried to play it off......please, she thought she was heading to Newark from the "Divas Live" gig.

Drugs will do it to you.....

Don't get me wrong, I love whitney like no other, but we have to all agree that she is on some strong shit and I am not jealous that I don't have any, but angry that she is doing this to herself........whatever, she knew she took the wrong plane, trying to dodge the plane heading to newark when she saw feds staking the plane out. Thought they were waiting for her and Bad Boy.....please, that bitch did not mean to go to no Israel.

Reactions: apoet29

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maccardel said:
They need to stop!!!

I think they got on the wrong plane and tried to play it off......please, she thought she was heading to Newark from the "Divas Live" gig.

Don't get me wrong, I love whitney like no other, but we have to all agree that she is on some strong shit and I am not jealous that I don't have any, but angry that she is doing this to herself........whatever, she knew she took the wrong plane, trying to dodge the plane heading to newark when she saw feds staking the plane out. Thought they were waiting for her and Bad Boy.....please, that bitch did not mean to go to no Israel.
I have never laughed so hard at anything! Thanks for that.

I do agree with you. Ever since her mega success with The Bodyguard, everything has been downhill for Ms. Whitney. She really needs to dump that deadwood Bobby Brown and go back to singing. I saw her performances on VH-1's Divas Duets; she was terrible. Whitney really needs to get some help. I wonder how much of her problems are affecting her daughter.

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
Well, I saw the interview with Dian Sawyer, and her daughter is very cute and will probably be a beautiful woman, but I noticed a few things about the cute little girl:
1. Her hair has NEVER been combed.
2. She is chubby to an unhealthy extent (probably bad nerves from watching Mommy and Daddy sniff the "Johnson's Baby Powder" up their noses).
3. I've never seen a middle class little girl her age who hasn't had braces yet. Like I did when I was her age, she needs them.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
well, um... isn't Israel the supposed place where Jesus was born, where he lived and where he died? I thought so.

Besides, I hear there's some good crack Jerusalem. :eek: ;)

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
cariosity said:
well, um... isn't Israel the supposed place where Jesus was born, where he lived and where he died? I thought so.

Besides, I hear there's some good crack Jerusalem. :eek: ;)
You KNOW you wrong for that!!!!! :devil:
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Whitney and Bobby are prime examples of celebrity gone bad. They are so famous, indeed infamous; no one has the guts to really say anything to them. In fact, I somehow suspect that their management encourages such behavior because it gets the pair more publicity. Honestly, when was the last time that either Whitney or Bobby had a hit record or single? It's been a couple of years, so their behavior has kept them in the spotlight. It's a shame because both of them have the talent to be true hitmakers. However, until someone sits them down and really gets through to them, nothing will change. I feel for Bobbie Kristina because that child will feel the affects of her parents' behavior if she is not suffering because of it already.

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
I do like Bobby's duet with Whitney on Whitney's last album. Also, I think he has one with that weasle looking rapper. . .JaRule?. I like that song too.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
apoet29 said:
I think Whitney and Bobby are prime examples of celebrity gone bad. They are so famous, indeed infamous; no one has the guts to really say anything to them. In fact, I somehow suspect that their management encourages such behavior because it gets the pair more publicity. Honestly, when was the last time that either Whitney or Bobby had a hit record or single? It's been a couple of years, so their behavior has kept them in the spotlight. It's a shame because both of them have the talent to be true hitmakers. However, until someone sits them down and really gets through to them, nothing will change. I feel for Bobbie Kristina because that child will feel the affects of her parents' behavior if she is not suffering because of it already.

This is a perfect example of Karma...and I only hope the karma stops there.....in the late 80s, whitney did an interview and said that if she had a daughter who acted like Madonna, she would kill her.......time has become the judge......both have daughters and look at the state of both women lives right now........never judge people.....cos we never know how our lives will turn out...

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
wow, you are all so completly off. the black hebrews (and you should not confuse them with the black Ethiopian Jews, there's no connection at all), are a very spiritual group of people, who practice religion in it's most abstract form, and are a very decent bunch of people and welcome members of our society. as I understand it, their faith (which isn't exactly Judaism) is spreading rapidly among some black communities in the states. they believe Christianity is the "slave" religion enforced on blacks, and feel black people should "free" themselves from it. instead, they've adopted a "word for word" interpatation(sp) of the bible, and have associated themselves with Judaism (which is, let's face it, the religion of the persecuted), though they don't consider themselves Jews. maybe some of that appealed to whitney, who was very sweet while here, btw, and looked completly sober and like she's gained some weight.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
i-girl said:
wow, you are all so completly off. the black hebrews (and you should not confuse them with the black Ethiopian Jews, there's no connection at all), are a very spiritual group of people, who practice religion in it's most abstract form, and are a very decent bunch of people and welcome members of our society. as I understand it, their faith (which isn't exactly Judaism) is spreading rapidly among some black communities in the states. they believe Christianity is the "slave" religion enforced on blacks, and feel black people should "free" themselves from it. instead, they've adopted a "word for word" interpatation(sp) of the bible, and have associated themselves with Judaism (which is, let's face it, the religion of the persecuted), though they don't consider themselves Jews. maybe some of that appealed to whitney, who was very sweet while here, btw, and looked completly sober and like she's gained some weight.
Thanks for the info i-girl, hope Whitney is doing fine :D

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
maccardel said:
They need to stop!!!

ROTFLMAO, Maccardel you are so bad :devil:

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
i-girl said:
Igirl, :wavey:
Thanks for the information. What were we off about, though? We never established an opinion about the Black Hebrew Israelites. One of my friends is one.

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
Hi Noga- I was just coming here to inform others...thanks for beating me to it! I saw a dcoumentary on this group years ago....you guys are all so quick to jump at the worse and ridicule :confused: here is a better description of what their visit is about...i know you guys are having a bit of fun but reserve judgement next time :wavey:

28 MAY 2003
R&B diva Whitney Houston, her husband Bobby Brown and Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon made for an unlikely trio on Tuesday, as the couple dropped by the statesman's Jerusalem home for a visit.

The music stars, who, along with their ten-year-old daughter Bobbi Kristina, are on a week-long "spiritual retreat" in the region, spoke fondly of Israel during their chat with the premier.

"It's home," said Whitney, who was dressed in an embroidered African robe. "It's a friendship I've never had with any other country." The vocalist hopes to gain inspiration for her upcoming Christmas album while touring Israel, where she will visit the Jewish and Christian holy sites in the Old City, as well as the Sea of Galilee in the north.

Whitney's visit is hosted by the Black Hebrews, a group of 2,000 African Americans who emigrated to Israel in 1969. The 40-year-old singer told Prime Minister Sharon that she was visiting "friends and family" among the community in the desert town of Dimona. The Greatest Love Of All star plans to record a song with members of the group, which is famed for its choirs.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bajangurl,

I don't think it was anyone's intention to seem as if we were making fun of Whitney's intentions in Israel and certainly no one was making fun of Israeli's or their religious affiliation. It's just that Houston's behavior over the last several years has been bizarre and the fact that she is recording a Christmas album in May in Israel seemed a little strange to some of us. But believe me, I don't feel that anyone here was trying to make fun of Judaism or Israelis. Perhaps getting away from the States may help Whitney and her family. Who knows?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts