1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
112,694 Posts
2015. The sport changed that year, thanks to Vinci

·
Registered
353 Posts
2019 because we have four young talents winning slams, two of them DESTROYING Serena in the finals, Naomi winning a drama-filled final against Petra and then Ash collecting her coins after Marketa died. I am confident the WTA is in good hands for the next decade with Ash, Naomi, Bianca, Simona and whoever else decides to peak.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Gotta be 2011. As much as I love Kerber winning WImbledon and Aljona Roland Garros in 17 and 18 2011 had only good results.

Clijsters winning is always good, Stosur and Petra are very nice and LI Na was also great.

It was the last good year, until 2016/17 when Angie and Ostapenko shined the first light at the end of the tunnel.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
2014 (or maybe 2011) for nostalgia sake; the great players of the early 2010s winning.

Otherwise this year especially because Ash won ;)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
2014 just too iconic. Starting with that Li Na victory and just as memorable speech. Then Maria and Simona in the gripping Paris 3 setter, complete with Kader Nouni getting involved in discussions with Simona late on in the third. Then, the epic Petra whitewashing of Genie and one of the most entertaining CC beat downs you can ever see. And then, Serena stopping BFF Sunshine in her tracks!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
2019- The year Andreescu won her 1st grand slam.
This is it also for me... I said at the beginning of the year that she will be the next dominant player and I got laughed at... Obviously whoever that was didn’t bookmark the thread for revisiting...

Also, Simona got validated with her second Slam title... Naomi should be a good player for a while... Barty will also... Good changing of the guard year...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts