Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (2) Wozniacki def. Fett 3-6 6-2 7-5

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And would you say any of them was a classic? Imho the Simona-Angie was one of the best GS matches of the decade at least. Not just because of the drama and the quality but also because of the stage (when was the last time we had such epic match at the last stages of a GS? Feels like a million years ago).

Reactions: Rads101

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
And would you say any of them was a classic? Imho the Simona-Angie was one of the best GS matches of the decade at least. Not just because of the drama and the quality but also because of the stage (when was the last time we had such epic match at the last stages of a GS? Feels like a million years ago).
Today? :shrug:

·
Premium Member
41,974 Posts
Best? I don't know. The most memorable? Halep - Davis.

Reactions: flying_FF

·
Registered
23,230 Posts
it still is vika-kerber at US '15, and not even close. :lol:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,089 Posts
So many good ones. Kerber-Hsieh is my favourite one. Kerber-Halep was epic though too. :D And the final was a thriller too. So happy woz took it. This tournament really brought us some dramatic matches.:worship:

Reactions: NYCTennisRep

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
If I could take the first half of one match and the second half of another I'd go with Kerber/Hsieh and Halep/Kerber. The former had the most fun tennis, the latter had the better climax.

Petkovic/Kvitova is only in the running for worst match of the tournament, irl lol seeing it here.

·
Registered
114,479 Posts
Name a better slam final that this since Venus/Davenport at Wimbledon. Maybe I'm missing something
Wozniacki was up a break in set 3, then Halep was up a break, then the chair over rules a correct call to screw with Haleps head. I've havent seen much like that in a slam final, and these 2 players have the perception of their whole careers revolving around this result

Reactions: excess

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Today? :shrug:
Name a better slam final that this since Venus/Davenport at Wimbledon. Maybe I'm missing something
Wozniacki was up a break in set 3, then Halep was up a break, then the chair over rules a correct call to screw with Haleps head. I've havent seen much like that in a slam final, and these 2 players have the perception of their whole careers revolving around this result
I don't know, in my opinion the first set was GREAT (although the TB a little bit of a letdown), but then the quality decreased quickly, especially with Caro playing horribly. The third set was dramatic, although not as great as the first set since Halep was getting tired and leaking errors while Caroline was pretty nervous and reverting to pushing-mode (a shame she won it that way... I appreciate her incredible defense in that last game but I would've preferred if she had gone for it like when she served at 4-4).

it still is vika-kerber at US '15, and not even close. :lol:
True, that one was good, so maybe it was the second best :)

If I could take the first half of one match and the second half of another I'd go with Kerber/Hsieh and Halep/Kerber. The former had the most fun tennis, the latter had the better climax.

Petkovic/Kvitova is only in the running for worst match of the tournament, irl lol seeing it here.
Petkovic vs Kvitova was a terrible match. It shouldn't be in the pool.
I only included Petko/Petra for the drama. I agree the quality was awful, but if it hadn't been eclipsed by better matches, it could've been the only candidate for match of the tournament (how many times the best match of a slam was just a dramatic encounter in the 1R?). For the same reason I included Fett/Woz, which was pretty bad from Caro and even worse from Fett in the second half of the third set.

·
Registered
29,828 Posts
Halep v Davis and Wozniacki v Fett. Only winners were wrong.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts