Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
8,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have to say i respwct all fans for different reasons but i respect the fans that know a lot about the past history of the game the most. it shows true passion for the game.

· Registered
11,079 Posts
Knowledge of the game in general, whether it's the past, present, potential future, main tournaments, or challenger levels. Have I left anything out? :rolleyes:

· Banned
3,308 Posts
Fans who "don't" get irrational and over-react when their favs get even mildly negative comments.

Reactions: Rollo

· Premium Member
10,632 Posts
ones who enjoy the game in general moreso than just a player-fan...ie they can watch players they dont particularly like yet still love it

· Registered
19,459 Posts
One who can see both sides of an argument. Posters who can hold a conversation and disagree without namecalling. Posters who don't let personal biases blind them to the facts. Overall a poster who respects another posters, and treats others the way they would like to be treated.

· Registered
4,847 Posts
gogomaggie said:
Fans who "don't" get irrational and over-react when their favs get even mildly negative comments.
Which is about 80% of this forum - alot of members concerning their fav's.

· Registered
33,234 Posts
Fans who respect the result of the match, if their fav lost, because the opponent was good they must not be mad.
And fans who always cheer for their favs, not change fav because of bad results.
And an other thing of tennis fans must be that they watch everybody, not that they only watch their fav. (they are fan of a person not of the game)

· Banned
1,827 Posts
Fans who don't "pretend" to like a player just to get positive reputation points. I feel there are many posters around who hide their genuine feeling for players just because they want more rep. pts.

I'd rather face a genuine "hater" than a masked one.

· Registered
6,102 Posts
I have lot of respect for those fans who are able, even when their favourite lose, to recognise that his/her opponent was better that day, who can look in awe at a great point even if their beloved player was outplayed... I think the important thing about being a tennis fan is that, even before supporting a certain player, you have to be a fan of the game and still get good vibes after a long hard-fought rally...

· Registered
3,821 Posts
Fans who are just here to have a good time and a good laugh about the women we all love and love to hate!! :D i cant stand all the theoretical/political/theological/phsycological type arguments that go on here about who hates/likes who and why. We should all just be here to have fun!!! :bounce:

· Registered
3,619 Posts
I joined the board for all the reasons posted above. I'm thankful there are any tennis fans of any description at all in the world. I thought I was alone until I saw this messageboard.

I can understand what some posters mean about the fans who get irrational when their faves get criticised, but I think that shows passion too. You've got to love the players to love the game, otherwise where did the initial attraction to tennis come from?

It certainly wasn't just from glimpsing a fluffy, yellow ball, but the skill that went along with striking it. Who struck the ball? The player! But yeah, the single-minded fanatic can be an annoying person, especially when they act like rabid dogs in reply to the criticism or the match losses of a player.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.