Tennis Forum banner

Which two TMS tournaments are the toughest to win?

• IW+Miami

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Rome+Hamburg

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Canadian Open+Cincinnatti

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other ( like Shuttgart+Bercy, when it was back to back few years ago )

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
??

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
i think rome and hamburg because their one clay so the matches are usually longer and in rome youo play everyday rather than every second day (in IW and miami don't they play every second day for the first few rounds?).

i don't know anything about the canadian open or cincinnatti.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Definatly Rome and Hamburg. THey are are on clay and have very different conditions. Rome is fast and Hamburg is slow. Rome is extremely hot at times and Hamburg is often wet and windy :rolleyes: (Praying for good weather next week :angel: )

·
psychotic banana
3,022 Posts
Hmm...hmm...I'd say IW and Miami cuz the guys will be distracted by all the hot WTA chicks!..oh oops! Did I just say that??!! :eek:

:angel:

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
IW and Miami last 3 weeks together

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
I voted for Rome and Hamburg. Tennis on slow red clay courts is very grueling.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
The presenters had a big debate about this after Ferrero retired today, saying that the schedule had to be reformed to cut out some tournaments and give priority to the bigger events, which is only right considering the number of injuries that top players have sustained this year. I think only Hewitt, Moya and Federer have avoided any at all, touchwood.

I certainly think that they should rejig the calendar to avoid these back-to-back Masters events, and that goes doubly for the clay-court ones - Rome should be shifted back a week to allow breathing space in between each TMS. And if that means sacrificing some minor tournaments, then so be it.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Hendouble, i totally agree. TMS events shouldn't ever be back to back it is just to much on the players bodies playing at that high level for so long. i'm thinking maybe make the tournament longer. rome for example they play everyday from round 1 to the final and don't get a break whereas in grand slams they play every 2nd day and have time to recover. i think they should try to do what they do in grand slams for most of the tournament.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TMS events shouldn't ever be back to back it is just to much on the players bodies playing at that high level for so long.
Not 64-draws with best-of-five finals, at least..

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rebecca said:
Who was the last person to win Rome and Hamburg in the same year? I don't think that Muster did it, he won the first two.
Can't think of anyone in recent history..

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
Muster wasn't human though ;)

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
ys, you took that out of context read the next couple of sentences. if they played say every 2nd day for a couple of rounds then it wouldn't be a problem but playing 5 days in a row in rome and then having to back it up again in hamburg that is 10 days in a row of that high level.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts