Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wearing the Nike Zoom Vapor line for a long time now. I find them extremely comfortable. The durability is not great but the comfort is really worth it for me.

I tried to use the Nike CourtBallistec but it fit wrong on my feet and it was actually painful for me to be in them. I also tried to use the Babolat Propulse but the back strap broke on my first time wearing.

I just ordered the somewhat new Nike Lunar Ballistec in this colorway:

I've heard a lot of great things from this shoe but I really didn't like the $165 price tag but I saw them on sale on Tennis Warehouse $99 so I HAD to buy them. I'm guessing they had to go on sale because not a lot of men weren't buying into the pink colour but I don't care. I'm very excited to try them! Does anyone have any experience with this shoe?

What shoes do you guys wear?

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So..... The fit was TERRIBLE. Too narrow for my feet. But that's my problem though, not the shoes. It was so painful to run around in it. I told my friend and he told me to use a parallel lacing pattern and it fixed everything!!! Now it's perfect and it feels great. Really nice shoe!

·
Registered
12,064 Posts
I used to wear regular Nike trainers (Lunar Eclipse), but found that I needed more stability on the sides than regular shoes can offer, as I was coming over the sole. Jogging shoes wear out really quickly playing tennis too.

These are my first ever tennis shoes that I got just a few weeks ago and I LOVE them. It's so much easier to push off and change directions in proper tennis shoes.

Diadora S. Ace Tennis Shoe

I also had a New Balance voucher so purchased another pair which haven't been shipped yet. I find them a bit ugly, but there were limited options, so...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Currently Babolat Propulse 4 for clay. Very solidly built. Too sticky to use on hard courts, but perfect for clay. The Babolat V-Pro 2, by comparison, I really didn't like. They got very loose and unusable within 4 months.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Only Rafa shoes of course. His 2010 Courtballistec 2.3 is my favorite of them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah even I am an armature tennis player and like to wear Adidas runners for that. These are quite good so I don’t have any need to purchase new shoes for that. Even I like to wear these for my work outs along with my alo yoga pants and tank tops which give me very comfy and cool looks!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I've been wearing the Nike Zoom Vapor line for a long time now. I find them extremely comfortable. The durability is not great but the comfort is really worth it for me.

I tried to use the Nike CourtBallistec but it fit wrong on my feet and it was actually painful for me to be in them. I also tried to use the Babolat Propulse but the back strap broke on my first time wearing.

I just ordered the somewhat new Nike Lunar Ballistec in this colorway:

I've heard a lot of great things from this shoe but I really didn't like the $165 price tag but I saw them on sale on Tennis Warehouse $99 so I HAD to buy them. I'm guessing they had to go on sale because not a lot of men weren't buying into the pink colour but I don't care. I'm very excited to try them! Does anyone have any experience with this shoe?

What shoes do you guys wear?
I wear SAUCONY athletic shoes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts