Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
The funniest:

Eva Hrdinova - "Will you hurry up with that photo - I'm getting cold and want to get into the shower!" This on a beautiful summer's afternoon with the temperature around 25 degrees. She's a bit hunched over in the photo anyway because, at 1.91m, she's a fair bit taller than me. Meantime her partner, Yuliya Beygelzimer, is just waiting patiently with a grin on her face.

Roberta Vinci/Sara Errani
Kirsten Flipkens
Megan Moulton-Levy
Lauren Davis
Sofia Kenin
Julia Goerges
Iga Swiatek
Jil Teichmann

Freddie Nielsen

The New Zealand players, of course - Michael Venus, Marcus Daniell, Artem Sitak, Ajeet Rai, Ben McLachlan (born and lives here, but represents Japan because his mother is Japanese), Paige Hourigan, Erin Routliffe

Kader Nouni (he may not be a player, but he's certainly a leading light in the WTA)
Anja Vreg (likewise not a player, but recently promoted (?) from umpire to Tour Supervisor)
Aurelie Torte (umpire)

·
Registered
34,111 Posts
I've only approached 1 player to take a picture. The Empress.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Bianca in WTA and Bedene, Isner in ATP. Bianca was the first tennis player from whom I got an autograph. Bedene and Isner were pretty cool and patient to take pictures...especially Isner who took pictures with around 150 people on the day when I met him.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
2 male players who are on ATP doubles tour, and 1 a former top 30 singles. I don't want to take their name because they were dating+hook ups.

As for others, I have met Sania Mirza and Aleksandra Wozniak. Met here means, I saw them in person.

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
Greta :inlove: Last year at 25K Braunschweig, we chatted about 15min after her QF match. Since then, I even love her more.

Anke Huber in WTA Hannover 1997 after losing to Oremans in R2. She was absolutely NOT in the best mood and then I gave her some candy bar which she endorsed at that time to sign. She was looking at me like she wants to slap me. *lol*

·
Registered
363 Posts
Bianca in WTA and Bedene, Isner in ATP. Bianca was the first tennis player from whom I got an autograph. Bedene and Isner were pretty cool and patient to take pictures...especially Isner who took pictures with around 150 people on the day when I met him.
The nicest thing I've EVER seen from a tournament winner was from John Isner at Miami last year. All the title winners had photos taken with the officials and ball kids afterwards, which in itself is slightly unusual, but what stood out for me was that Isner then went to every single ball kid, shook their hand and thanked them for their efforts. Something so simple, yet it still brings a lump to my throat when thinking about it, and several of the kids obviously couldn't believe that someone had actually appreciated their work so much.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Alexandara Dulgheru. Timea Bacsinszky and Martina Hingis (at Rou-Swi Fed Cup game). I've seen other players training or walking by, but I never asked for a picture or an autograph.( Halep, Goerges, Begu, Kovinic, Cirstea, Mertens, CSN)

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
List will be quite long :p

Adrijana Lekaj
Tereza Mrdeza
Ana Vrljic
Maja Matevzic

Alona Bondarenko
Alex Dulgheru
Daniela Hantuchova
Anne Keothavong
Ioana Raluca Olaru
Galina Voskojebova
Klara Zakopalova
Urszula Radwanska
Sara Errani
Marta Domachowska
Daria Kustava
Francesca Schiavone
Eleni Daniilidou
Jie Zheng
Li Na
Greta Arn
Karolajna Woźniacka
Tsveta Pironkova
Elena Dementieva
Kasia Piter
Magda Rybarikova
Tatiana Garbin

Laura Siegemund
Carla Suarez Navarro
Barbora Strycova
Coco Vandeweghe
Jelena Ostapenko
Samantha Stosur
Naomi Osaka
Ana Konjuh
Mirjana Lucic Baroni
Darija Jurak
Katarina Srebotnik
Abi Spears
Lesia Tsurenko
Naomi Broady
Anna Smith
Raquel Atawo
Alicja Rosolska
Caroline Garcia
Elina Svitolina
Marta Kostyuk
Veronika Kudermetova
Lidziya Marozava
Zarina Diyas
Madison Keys
Petra Kvitova
Julia Goerges
Michaela Buzarnescu
Conny Perrin
Bernarda Pera
Daniela Seguel
Marie Bouzkova
Oceane Dodin
Magdalena Frech
Nicole Melichar
Arantxa Parra
Nadia Kichenok
Nasty Rodionova
Anna Lena Groenefeld
Shuko Aoyama
Miyu Kato
Andrea Hlavackova

And SHINO

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
A few years ago I was traveling to Argentina for a visit and had a stopover in Frankfurt, and I saw Paula Ormaechea boarding the same plane I was in. She was on the phone and while we were queueing I sort of signaled at her and she actually hung up to take a picture with me and was super nice. This was before she had some good results and got back in the top 200 but it was really nice of her.

·
Registered
21,417 Posts
Cornet
Potapova
Niculescu
Gasparyan
Jurak
Martinez Sanchez
Muchova
Petkovic
Opelka
Isner
Schnur
Mike Bryan
Di Lorenzo
Siniakova
Giorgi
Bencic
Ostapenko

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Cornet
Potapova
Niculescu
Gasparyan
Jurak
Martinez Sanchez
Muchova
Petkovic
Opelka
Isner
Schnur
Mike Bryan
Di Lorenzo
Siniakova
Giorgi
Bencic
Ostapenko
No Yastremska? :eek:h:

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
2 male players who are on ATP doubles tour, and 1 a former top 30 singles. I don't want to take their name because they were dating+hook ups.

As for others, I have met Sania Mirza and Aleksandra Wozniak. Met here means, I saw them in person.
Are the two doubles guys a couple?! Wish they would come out.

·
Milk and honey
3,226 Posts
What do we mean by met, that we got their autograph or a picture, or we actually chatted to them? I have quite a few that fit into either or both and I'm too lazy to collate a full list :lol:

To name a few off the top of my head, the nicest player was easily Jen Brady, super relaxed and pretty fun too. We spoke for a while at Nottingham this year after one of her practice sessions. Lucie Safarova was super moody but given she's supposedly a nice person, she was probably just having a bad day at the time. Watson and Zvonareva were very sweet. Most of the player interactions I've had have been pretty short or standard. I wasn't surprised, but Sharapova was very genuine and kind at the US Open, one of my personal highlights obviously.

As for ATP players, I have a couple of funny stories/interactions but most of the players were quite bland. The new generation are definitely a lot more open and interesting, for better (Tiafoe, Shapovalov, Auger-Aliassime) or for worse (Tsitsipas, Ruud).

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
What do we mean by met, that we got their autograph or a picture, or we actually chatted to them? I have quite a few that fit into either or both and I'm too lazy to collate a full list :lol:

To name a few off the top of my head, the nicest player was easily Jen Brady, super relaxed and pretty fun too. We spoke for a while at Nottingham this year after one of her practice sessions. Lucie Safarova was super moody but given she's supposedly a nice person, she was probably just having a bad day at the time. Watson and Zvonareva were very sweet. Most of the player interactions I've had have been pretty short or standard. I wasn't surprised, but Sharapova was very genuine and kind at the US Open, one of my personal highlights obviously.

As for ATP players, I have a couple of funny stories/interactions but most of the players were quite bland. The new generation are definitely a lot more open and interesting, for better (Tiafoe, Shapovalov, Auger-Aliassime) or for worse (Tsitsipas, Ruud).
What happened with Ruud? :lol:

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I've had breakfast near quite a few if that counts :p

As far as getting autographs and photos there are a lot. I can't remember them all off the top of my head. Hands down nicest though were Clijsters, Stosur, Petko, Krunic, Mauresmo, Goerges, Watson, Robson and most of the other Brit girls. Hercog was also sweet despite looking intimidating :lol: Pretty much all the WTA players I've 'met' have been nice with a couple of notable exceptions. On the men's side Lopez and Fognini have been far from nice to fans when I've seen them.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Magda Linette :hearts:
Julia Görges
Anna-Lena Grönefeld
Martina Müller :hearts:
Iroda Tulyaganova
Camille Pin
Nathalie Dechy
Tortellini

21 - 40 of 44 Posts