·
Registered
1,881 Posts
WTA: U. Radwanska

ATP: Murray (2x), Medvedev, Tsonga & some irrelevant flops like Klizan

·
Registered
298 Posts
Evert, King, Casals, Goolagong, Melville-Reid, Durr, Stove, Teeguarden, Ziegenfuss, Seles, Capriati and I have the autographs to prove those. I was a ball boy in Philadelphia when the Virginia Slims made a stop there as well as Federation Cup.

Goolagong allowed ball boys to hit on the two indoor courts with her at the Spectrum in Philadelphia, a really nice lady.

·
Registered
10,283 Posts
ATP: Hubert Hurkacz, Michał Przysiężny (we shared a locker room in a tennis club :eek:h:)

WTA: 0 :eek:h:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Billie Jean King screamed at me in summer 1981, then her charge Martina Navratilova screamed at me ten years later in November 1991. Both time in the Oakland Coliseum, no idea what it’s called now. Renee Richards was very kind, summer 1978. Virginia Wade was a twæt. Also, Richards Williams chatted me up quite a bit when I volunteered in Miami in 2002.
Others:
Scam Schriver
Monica Seles
Andre Agassi
Martina Hingis
Andrea Jaeger
Zina Garrison
Andy Roddick
Wendy Turnbull
Frew McMillan
Ilie Nastase
Jim Courier
John McEnroe
Peter Fleming
Pat Dupre
Alex Corretja
Anke Huber

I sat next to Mary Joe Fern at a sushi restaurant in Key Biscayne in 2005. I was too embarrassed to ask for an autograph. She was with her kids and I was bloated and buzzy buzzed.

·
25,092 Posts
Billie Jean King, Virginia Wade, Pam Shriver, Martina Navratilova, and Tracy Austin. I had the pleasure of interviewing Pauline Betz-the 1946 Wimbledon champion.

I spoke to Louise Brough over the phone several times, but never got to actually meet her.

·
25,092 Posts
Posted by Ellenton Boy Evert, King, Casals, Goolagong, Melville-Reid, Durr, Stove, Teeguarden, Ziegenfuss, Seles, Capriati and I have the autographs to prove those. I was a ball boy in Philadelphia when the Virginia Slims made a stop there as well as Federation Cup.

Goolagong allowed ball boys to hit on the two indoor courts with her at the Spectrum in Philadelphia, a really nice lady.

I envy you meeting Chris Evert. Goolagong is the one player I've never heard a negative word directed at. Glad you got to meet her.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Jelena Ostapenko
Mirjana Lucic-Baroni
Maria Sharapova
Arnaud Clement
Mary Pierce
Conchita Martinez
Sara Errani
Monica Niculescu
Dominika Cibulkova
Kristyna Pliskova
Pat Cash
Mark Philippoussis
Jelena Dokic
Nicole Pratt
Elina Svitolina
Rafael Nadal

Actually plenty more that I can't remember off the top of my head :SNE:

It's pretty easy to meet players in Melbourne in January, whether at Melbourne Park during qualies (or even beforehand) or out and about.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I saw Martina gloriously turn back time and beat Monica Seles in an exciting match at the VS of Oakland in fall 1991. I had great luck getting everyone’s autograph except Martina’s. But after the final she was signing so I made my way up to get her John Hancock. When it was my turn she looked me up and down and loudly said ‘Get a perspective!’
I had no idea what she meant until I looked down and I was leaning over this young girl. I had no idea I was pushing her into the railing. So I backed up and apologized and since Martina was still there I asked if I could still get her signature. She rolled her eyes and made an indignant noise and refused. I kinda giggled and again apologized to the kid in front of me and slumped back to my seat, for the upComing doubles to follow.
I watched the doubles and then saw Billie Jean King being interviewed near the press room (I’d sneaked back there, whoopsies). I waited until her interview was over and not only finally got my BJK autograph, but had a nice conversation with her. I wanted to tell her she blew up at me ten years earlier in the same venue, just for shits + giggles, but was too busy listening to her gush about Martina’s big win.
Oh, the good old days!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Wade was a beeyotch twice to me in summer 1978 at WTT matches. She refused both times. The first time she said ‘I simply caaaaan’t do those’. The second time she never looked at any of the kids patiently waiting court side. But I loved her too.

·
Registered
604 Posts
the only one i have met and spoke to was MARY PIERCE. it was at the autoglass trophy tournament at brighton in 1993.

she was walking back to her seafront hotel after her night match, around 10.30pm, just carrying her racquets, no one with her,i was walking back myself from the event and noticed a tennis player, didn't know it was her until i got near her, spoke to her for about 30 seconds, congratulated her on her victory, she beat liz smylie.

she was very nice. don't think many players would walk back unaccompanied now days.

i'm not a person who asks for selfies or autographs of tennis players, prefer to leave them alone.

·
Registered
52,192 Posts
"meet" might me too strong of a word cause we didn't exchange a lot ... shared a few words and a pic at best (some pics are uploaded in my profile) .... sometimes an autograph or a towel ;)
in the alleys of RG or after a practice session or a match

Conchita Martinez -RG

Anabel Medina Garrigues -RG

Arantxa Parra Santonja RG+ ITF St Malo

Nuria Llagostera Vives -RG

Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez -RG

Catalina Castano -RG

Paola Suarez -RG

Sarah Pitkowski -RG

Alex Corretja -RG

Emilie f*ing Loit -RG

Katarina Srebotnik :hearts: -RG