Tennis Forum banner

Which teen superstar has more potential, Coco Gauff or Emma Raducanu?

• Coco Gauff

• Emma Raducanu

241 - 260 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes her Fh gives her troubles and I hope she will take a break of the tour for a couple of months to concentrate on it. Its also her final examens year so a break will do her good.

When you start so young then there is always more concerning about burnouts

She needs also a new coach. Next year she is not underage anymore so then it’s time to dump dad and go on the road with only her trainer.

The good thing about Emma is that she has not her dad in her team and she is traveling with only her coaches / team.

But with Coco we see that she can play a consistent tour. End she still play under age restrictions.

From leylah we also know she is a consistent player but I don’t expect a final anytime soon.

From Emma we have no idea how she will play a full tour. Especially now she must deal with all the hype around her. It will be really interesting how next year will be for all those young next gen girls
she had a WHOLE PANDEMIC to retool that FH.... but it's still a major liability.... this only means 2 things: 1.) her team is delusional and don't see anything wrong with it or 2.) they're trying but she's having trouble retooling it.... both scenarios are bad and wont get her to where she wants to go. maybe she needs more time, but the longer she takes, the harder it will be to change...

·
Registered
Henin, Radwanska, Hingis Court, Navratilova, Lisicki, Osaka, Kenin, Halep, Vinci.
323 Posts
Coco is a future top ten player and a potential slam winner. Raducanu is the future #1 and the GOAT in waiting. There are levels to this thing, believe it or not.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Clma and Hanan Ubis

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Coco is a future top ten player and a potential slam winner. Raducanu is the future #1 and the GOAT in waiting. There are levels to this thing, believe it or not.
Emma has the potential to win 15 GS but the fact is we don’t really know how she will handle this all and if she can be the new Serena

All other GS winners except from Naomi could not win again it’s all about the pressure now and who can deal with that the best. The whole world is expecting now she will do this again and again but It won’t be as easy as you think

Sloane Ostapenka Kenin Iga Bianca the list is endless. They all can win more GS because in WTA every one can do that but it’s not that one of them will be the next mental giant and I don’t expect that Emma or leylah or Coco is the new Serena or Steffi

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
It was Emma Raducanu when Cori hype was shoved down our throats.

Now it is Cori Gauff because Emma Raducanu hype is going down our throats now.

Reactions: mccoco and ChrisR

·
Registered
302 Posts
In terms of Coco getting a new coach, does no one think she's biding her time for Serena to retire so she can get Patrick?

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
In terms of Coco getting a new coach, does no one think she's biding her time for Serena to retire so she can get Patrick?
Patrick is more busy this days with Coco and Stefanos then with Serena

He is co coaching her since she was ten and Stefanos was probably 15?

I hope she dump dad as Kenin and Giorgio did with their dads. Its really time to move on and become a adult athlete.

I understand that as long as she is a minor dad is there but as soon as she is 18 I hope she will take new training impulses. That’s good for every athlete

·
Banned
3 Posts
Talent-wise it's a bit of a toss up for me, but Raducanu seems to have the mental edge, so I'd say she has more potential. Excited to see how both of their careers pan out.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
Raducanu is not hype, she's a grand slam winner.
Of course she, is the same as iga and Bianca and Sloane and Kraijcova and Kenin and Ostapenka but they haven’t get all the hype

Winning a GS is not unique this days and the big and most interesting question is how will Emma deal with this hype?

Hype can break you. Especially when its become insane and you are young. We have seen hundreds of examples from famous young people who break under the hype

Its well deserved but it won’t make her life and career easier

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
We're on a tennis forum, this is common knowlege.
So don't be telling me who is and isn't a hype. At this stage, she doesn't even have the achievements of Ostapenko.

Anyway, it is a hype when she is promoted as the future of tennis. Also a lot of her hype is not because of her tennis per se but because of a strong British tabloid culture and that her look is universally appealing and that she can speak Chinese and thus this gives her the tools to brand a big empire. When it is all materialized, she won't be a hype.

Reactions: ChrisR

·
Registered
340 Posts
So don't be telling me who is and isn't a hype. At this stage, she doesn't even have the achievements of Ostapenko.

Anyway, it is a hype when she is promoted as the future of tennis. Also a lot of her hype is not because of her tennis per se but because of a strong British tabloid culture and that her look is universally appealing and that she can speak Chinese and thus this gives her the tool to build an empire of her own. When it is all materialized, she won't be a hype.
You need someone to tell you what hype is, because you clearly don't know. It has been materialized, she won a grand slam, it is no longer hype.

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
You need someone to tell you what hype is, because you clearly don't know. It has been materialized, she won a grand slam, it is no longer hype.
Hello Mr. British, let's study some English:

Defintion of Hype:

informal
noun
noun: hype
  1. extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion
    "his first album hit the stores amid a storm of hype"

2. verb
    verb: hype; 3rd person present: hypes; past tense: hyped; past participle: hyped; gerund or present participle: hyping

1. promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its benefits.
      "an industry quick to hype its products"

Winning a grand slam doesn't in itself mean hype. It is not even a synonym.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hello Mr. British, let's study some English:

Defintion of Hype:

informal
noun
noun: hype
  1. extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion

2. verb
    verb: hype; 3rd person present: hypes; past tense: hyped; past participle: hyped; gerund or present participle: hyping

1. promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its benefits.
      "an industry quick to hype its products"

Winning a grand slam doesn't in itself mean hype. It is not even a synonym.
"Emma Raducanu won her first grand amid a storm of hype"

She won a grand slam, the hype has been materialized. It is no longer hype.

promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its benefits.
There is no exaggeration, Raducanu achieved the highest honour in tennis, winning a grand slam: she joins a select group of players that have accomplished something that 99% of players never will. Once again, the hype has been materialized.

I did not say a grand slam was hype. It seems you have difficulty understanding basic English, but it's good that you know how to google.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Patrick is more busy this days with Coco and Stefanos then with Serena

He is co coaching her since she was ten and Stefanos was probably 15?

I hope she dump dad as Kenin and Giorgio did with their dads. Its really time to move on and become a adult athlete.

I understand that as long as she is a minor dad is there but as soon as she is 18 I hope she will take new training impulses. That’s good for every athlete
I know but I meant being her official coach as by the time she's 18 Serena will be retired most likely.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
she had a WHOLE PANDEMIC to retool that FH.... but it's still a major liability.... this only means 2 things: 1.) her team is delusional and don't see anything wrong with it or 2.) they're trying but she's having trouble retooling it.... both scenarios are bad and wont get her to where she wants to go. maybe she needs more time, but the longer she takes, the harder it will be to change...
Exactly right???
Emma is very smart to use the pandemic to finish her A-level and practice her new grip and slightly longer racket... and now she is a Champion!

·
Registered
8,716 Posts

promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its benefits.
There is no exaggeration, Raducanu achieved the highest honour in tennis, winning a grand slam: she joins a select group of players that have accomplished something that 99% of players never will. Once again, the hype has been materialized.

I did not say a grand slam was hype. It seems you have difficulty understanding basic English, but it's good that you know how to google.
For a second time, the meaning of hype doesn't mean winning a grand slam. Yes, you can be hyped to win a grand slam but you can be hyped in all sort of ways. Emma Raducanu's hype has only intensified after winning USO. She is now 'hyped' as not only the future of women's tennis but also 'hyped' to become the richest and most popular tennis player and not because of her tennis but because of her nationality and ethnic background which lends her the intimacy in both English and Chinese markets . She is also a good looking girl which also plays into her 'hype' for future dominance.

I know you are having trouble with reading comprehension but don't worry I am here for you.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts

Well said...

She already won the biggest tournament in tennis, it's no longer hype: it's reality!
LMAO

241 - 260 of 347 Posts