Tennis Forum banner

Which teen superstar has more potential, Coco Gauff or Emma Raducanu?

• Coco Gauff

• Emma Raducanu

201 - 220 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
emma raducanu is what coco should have been, but her team FAILED her... in an attempt to grab money and fame, they put her out there, an unfinished project... sure she had some surprise wins at first, but after there was enough tape on her, everyone knew her glaring weaknesses and started to gameplan how to play her...

emma is the COMPLETE opposite of coco. she didnt play during the pandemic and focused on her education, took the time to change her grip/racket, and was rewarded with a run at wimbledon. then after her embarrassing collapse, what did she do? play ITF tournaments... then went to the USO and the rest is history...

·
Registered
10,685 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Emma left the US Open with the singles trophy.

Coco left the US Open with this...after she lost her temper, because she dropped serve and Zhang/Stosur won the doubles final. She looked quite tearful and depressed after the match and during the speeches.

holy crap

and her saying :
‘Yeah, I don’t mean to do that in the moment, but I let my emotions take over.
I kind of don’t regret it. I only regret the racket went so far and almost hit the kid.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
holly crap

and her saying :
‘Yeah, I don’t mean to do that in the moment, but I let my emotions take over.
I kind of don’t regret it. I only regret the racket went so far and almost hit the kid.
Nothing wrong with what she said. You did it, you know why you did it, you didn’t hurt anybody.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
somehow i dont blame her but the people around her

she is a kid and growing, with bad examples around her the result won't be so good

·
Registered
33,179 Posts
Nothing wrong with what she said. You did it, you know why you did it, you didn’t hurt anybody.
It's like Djokovic saying "I don't regret what I did, I just wish I hadn't hit the line lady." Can you imagine if he did this? It would be on the front page of ESPN's site.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Raducanu’s groundstroke game is much more impressive than Gauff- that is for sure.

Raducanu is like the new Li Na in terms of groundstrokes.
I think Li Na had more easy firepower than Raducanu but she was a late-bloomer.

Raducanu can only improve her already good facets.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
That's not even a contest! Emma by far. Better serve, better backhand, better forehand, better return of service.

Reactions: Tanukit

·
Registered
387 Posts
If she can add a few a bits and bobs to her game (more effective dropshot, a smash, more use of the slice, few more MPH on her serves) she's a potential world number 1. What's crazy is that she's only played a handful of tour events, after taking 12-15 months off during the pandemic, and she's this good already. She's got the mental game already as well.

I'm not sure about Gauff. She'll need a big breakthrough soon, preferably next season, otherwise she might get left behind.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Emma left the US Open with the singles trophy.

Coco left the US Open with this...after she lost her temper, because she dropped serve and Zhang/Stosur won the doubles final. She looked quite tearful and depressed after the match and during the speeches.

I think this answer the poll question. The only potential Gauff has is to surpass Osaka in off the court dramaqueening

201 - 220 of 346 Posts