Tennis Forum banner

Tall is Beautiful... isn't it? ;)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
The Comeback Begins - January 2010.
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Take your pick on the above, or state them in here! ;)

Others who are tall:-

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
I'm not so sure that Serena is ACTUALLY 5'10'', so I'll go with Vee.

·
Registered
24,441 Posts
Lena :yeah:

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Ana Ivanovic and Alicia Molik (5' 11 3/4")

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,727 Posts
Take your pick on the above, or state them in here! ;)
I will go with Yaroslava Shvedova (5' 11'') then Julia Vakulenko (6') then Daniela Hantuchova (5' 11'') then I suppose Galina Voskoboeva (6') None of whom are on in this poll. :tape:

But how the hell is Serena Williams (who is only a very average 5'9') on this list when genuinely tall top twenty players like Hantuchova and Nicole Vaidisova (6') and Dinara Safina (5''11 1/2'') aren't. Serena Williams is the same height as Amelie Mauresmo and Jelena Jankovic(5' 9') and a mere half inch taller than Kim Clijsters. :rolleyes:

I am afraid as the result of inclusion of Serena Williams and the omission of many genuinely tall and popular players like Hantuchova, Vaidisova, Safina, Petrova (not that tall - only 5' 10 1/4'' - but still subtantially taller than Serena), Molik (5' 11 3/4'') and Groenfeld (5' 11'') this poll has absolutely no credibility whatsoever. And it is not as you didn't have the option of including 3 more players (4 with the ommision of Serena) :mad:

Perhaps someday someone will do a proper poll for favorite tall player. Because this one just doesn't cut it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts