Tennis Forum banner

Which Style is Better?

• Brainless Ball Bashers (eg: Williams Sister and Sharapova)

Votes: 51 28.8%
  • The Humble Moonballers (eg: the Spanish Players)

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • The Intellegence but no Power (Hingis, A.Radwanska)

Votes: 29 16.4%
  • Groundies to die for but no Serve (eg: Pin, Dementieva)

Votes: 17 9.6%
  • The Complete Game (Henin, Chakvetadze)

Votes: 73 41.2%
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
12,560 Posts
Watching an aggressive baseliner is fun because it is nice to watch the ball just fly through the court :hearts:

·
49,001 Posts
Watching a fast, athletic player who gives her all.
Slow, ball bashers (except Sharapova b/c of her intensity) make me :yawn:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Serena is not a brainless ball basher

·
Registered
13,541 Posts
Serena should not be with the "Brainless Ball Bashers" what part of her game do you consider brainless? Because she outsmarts most of the people on tour.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Why are you so impudent? There certainly is not a reason for you to characterize someone's game as BRAINLESS ball bashing. I love how you refer to Hingis' game as "intelligence."

What exactly is intelligence? Keeping in the ball in play hoping for errors from your opponents and, despite continuously losing with this type of game plan, sticking to it? Sounds like insanity to me.

The game has changed. Hitting the ball as softly as some of these players do nowadays will not reap beneficial results. Serena's game is far from senseless. She hits angles and uses the court extremely well to win big matches. Your ideologies on what brainless leads me to presume that you're brainless. Useless and irrelevant post.

·
Your fav could never....
9,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Serena is not in the should now be with the "Brainless Ball Bashers" what part of her game do you consider brainless? Because she outsmarts most of the people on tour.
But she doesnt, she just outhits them
If you have tons of winners, but also tons of errors - your just hitting the ball anywhere with no thought process - Serena?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Serena should not be with the "Brainless Ball Bashers" what part of her game do you consider brainless? Because she outsmarts most of the people on tour.
I agree

How can anyone who knows anything about tennis classify Serena's game as brainless ballbashing? That's ridiculous.

·
49,001 Posts
If you have tons of winners, but also tons of errors - your just hitting the ball anywhere with no thought process - Serena?
LOL Mirjana Lucic? I guess she constructed points, eh? :lol:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
That's absolutely wrong. Look closely at Serena's matches. When Serena was down against Kim Clijsters at the 2003 Australian Open she was patient, used angles and hit winners at the right time to climb back in that match. Serena's match against Mauresmo at Wimbledon 2004 is another great example. Serena has had matches where she has outhit her opponents but she doesn't have to. She just has the ability to do both. Serena has power but she also has precision, accuracy and a good court sense. Not many people would agree with you that Serena Williams of all people has anything close to a "brainless" game.

·
49,001 Posts
But then again you say Pin has groundies to die for......LOL! :weirdo:

·
49,001 Posts
No she doesnt...i wish she did though...she'd be a much better player.

Contary to your opinion i actually like some BBBs ;)
I can enjoy a ball basher too, as long as she isn't slow. (i.e. Vaidisova)

·
Rena's Army
35,200 Posts
Saying Serena is a brainless ball basher is like saying MaSha is as crafty as Hingis....how was Serena able to beat JH (and she didn't out hit JH)...how did she beat Venus when Venus no matter how her shots are will still be running down every ball??...:rolleyes:
I prefer players like Serena Venus and JH (even though I'm not a fan) who can mix it up and impress from all areas of the court:)

·
Registered
13,541 Posts
Serena has the complete game. She's a great volley and net player. Ground strokes, serve, movement, drop shot, and every thing else she has in her game.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts