Tennis Forum banner

Which Player Will Win a Grand Slam First?

• Lina Krasnoroutskaya

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Elena Dementieva

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • Elena Bovina

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Elena Likhovtseva

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Vera Zvonareva

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • Anastasia Myskina

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Nadia Petrova

• Svetlana Kuznetsova

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Maria Sharapova

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • Others.. Panova.Safina.Kournikova?etc

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which Russian Player will be fifst to Win a Grand Slam Tournament?

Give any reasons below.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
i think since douchevina and safina are both very young and very talented with a lot of potential you really should have them in the poll individually.

but look at that talent in the poll :eek:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
when Bovinas game is on she's almost unstoppable - it just has nt been on that much! I hope she has a good run at the open again and shows everyone how talented she is

·
Registered
609 Posts
Zvonareva

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Zvonareva or Kuznetsova. That's just a hunch, and I'm probably only saying that because those are the two Russians I like most, but I think they have two very different yet similarly effective styles.

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
i think likhovtseva has already won one :p

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I think Maria Sharapova. She plays like Venus and Serena, just give her a year or two and she'll be challenging for big titles. She has that fire power;)

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
At this point I think Sharapova is the only Russian talented enough to win a GS. Not now, but in 2-3 years, I expect her to be in many GS semifinals.

·
Registered
34,672 Posts
The only ones who have the potential to are Kournikova, Dementieva, Bovina, Sharapova (soon), Douchevina (soon), Safina (soon)...

The rest are good, but don't have the talent to do it...

·
Registered
115,204 Posts
I hope Lena B. is first. It would get Russian Roulette hopping.
But I think Vera will be first.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Elena Dementieva is the only Russina with an oustanding combination of size, power and speed. So she's my choice. But in a couple of years there might be a handful of female Russian tennis players who capable of winning a grand slam singles title! :bounce: But right now there is only 1. And her name is Elena Dementieva.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Knizzle said:
At this point I think Sharapova is the only Russian talented enough to win a GS. Not now, but in 2-3 years, I expect her to be in many GS semifinals.
At first I wondered why exactly you would expect them to be in SEMI FiNALS, until realised who it were you were expecting to play the final ;)

Let's just hope they will still be around in 2-3 years...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Where's the none option? They are good players, but not slam winners. They all have quarter finalist, semi finalist, runner up written all over them.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
I'll go with Dementieva, but I don't see any of them winning a slam anytime soon.

Would be cool if Myskina did though :p

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I think Vera. She is incredible, but she needs to get rid of the nagging during her matches. If she can do that and be focussed during the whole match (like against Venus at RG in the third set), she is the one.

Others are Petrova (who needs to get more consisent against the top players, she has the strongest game of all the Russians), Sharapova (has nots of time to improve, she's allready a big test for the top) and Dementieva (need a much bigger serve). I'd love to see Bovina win one, because she is my fav Rusian, but I don't think she can do it :sad:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts