Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 372 Posts

·
Registered
13,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just been watching Hercog and noticed I play a lot like her aside from her use of the double backhand. Big forehand, good use of the slice to move them around and mix it up, particularly the slice dtl and moving in. Like I said though difference is If I hit my backhand flat its one handed.

·
Registered
10,113 Posts
I'm a mix of Ivanovic and Clijsters.

·
She's coming for your faves wigs
18,237 Posts
Wozniacki, but I can hit winners though and turn defense into offense. So maybe Clijsters, but I don't hit flat like her :p

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
I'd like to say JJ, but more like Camille Pin :sobbing:

·
Banned
20,175 Posts
Dokic on a bad day with a Golovin backhand. :bowdown:

·
Heaux
29,704 Posts
I try to play the drive volleys like Maria to finish off the points but I fail at it most of the time. :happy:
I really love to wrongfoot my opponents though, like Chaky. I love hitting wrongfooting winners. :hearts:

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,698 Posts
If all of you are that good, why aren't any of you playing professionally?

·
18,237 Posts
If all of you are that good, why aren't any of you playing professionally?
I play tournaments and stuff around the country. More competitive then what most poster's play anyway. The Mary Pierce comparison is kinda unbelievable though.

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,698 Posts
Wozniacki, but I can hit winners though and turn defense into offense. So maybe Clijsters, but I don't hit flat like her :p
In other words, you play like you. ;)

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,698 Posts
No one is saying they are as good as that player they are just saying which player their games are similar too. Obviously we are all no where near as good as the pros.
Then how can your games be similar?

·
Premium Member
27,105 Posts
Then how can your games be similar?
Because you play in a simalar style, have similar stroke production or similar patterns of play???? is it really that hard to get. Obviously I dont play exactly like Mary and Lindsay but I have molded my game off of theirs. What us everyone supposed to say they play like Camille Pin or something?

·
18,237 Posts
I wouldn't really copy any WTA player's stroke production. Very few have good technique and it's usually things that will only work for them. Serena serve is textbook, but still it's hard to copy. My advice is learn what works best for you and not because a certain player hits this way.

·
Serena's #1 Hater
19,698 Posts
Because you play in a simalar style, have similar stroke production or similar patterns of play???? is it really that hard to get. Obviously I dont play exactly like Mary and Lindsay but I have molded my game off of theirs. What us everyone supposed to say they play like Camille Pin or something?
Ask a question.....

I wouldn't really copy any WTA player's stroke production. Very few have good technique and it's usually things that will only work for them. Serena serve is textbook, but still it's hard to copy. My advice is learn what works best for you and not because a certain player hits this way.
.....and get an answer.

1 - 20 of 372 Posts