Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And which players have the best social media websites?
I don't use twitter but I sometimes look at Aga, Lucie and Vika pages on facebook as well as other players.

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
I mostly follow Instagram. Only Maria and Garbine I follow. I saw Serena's but didn't feel like following. Garbine's is fun. She had some funny clips and Maria's is very interesting. Beautiful images.

Also follow figure skaters Patrick Chan, Li Zijun and Michelle Kwan and Shizuka Arakawa.

·
Registered
75 Posts
None. I'm too old to be that type of fan. I just enjoy the players playing tennis. I don't care about things like what they wear off court, who their boyfriends are, whether or not they are gay, how much money they make, etc. And I damn sure don't care what they think about other non-tennis related matters (unless they show themselves to be bigoted).

·
Registered
20,097 Posts
I don't follow any of them either. If I want information, I go look for it myself, I don't trust posts that are often "massaged" by their handlers. Some of them ARE hilarious though... I remember reading Berdych's stuff BEFORE he got hooked up, priceless.

What I really don't like is that many people just use it as a way to placate their need for attention... oh look everyone, I just took a crap, please "like" me :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
None. I'm too old to be that type of fan. I just enjoy the players playing tennis. I don't care about things like what they wear off court, who their boyfriends are, whether or not they are gay, how much money they make, etc. And I damn sure don't care what they think about other non-tennis related matters (unless they show themselves to be bigoted).
But you just happened to click on and reply to this thread, something you’re completely disinterested in? Okay.

I keeps tabs on all the hot chickalattes.

·
Registered
15,425 Posts
I had a peek at Ana's which has hilariously biased and over the top reporting of her matches, this one is a gem :lol:

Williams entered the China Open having won the Wuhan tournament last week, but wasn’t let any chance by a superior Ana. Yet from the first exchanges on, Ana dominated the contest and unleashed winner after winner from both wings. She claimed the first set with some great ball striking in a tiebreak, fell 2-0 behind in the second but then phenomenally reeled off six games to book a magnificent straight-set victory over the five-time Wimbledon champion.

·
Registered
15,425 Posts
anyway with regards to social media, i follow my faves, mainly Simona, on facebook and twitter, the WTA feeds are really good on twitter for news and WTA reactions is hilarious.

I use Resultina app for notifications of my faves starting a match and results.

·
Registered
19,327 Posts
I don't follow any of them either. If I want information, I go look for it myself, ...
Same here.

I don't care about the PR stuff their PR people post on Facebook; I don't feel a need to interact with them on Twitter; it's not a goal in life to get retweeted; I'm not inclined to ogle female players on Instagram… and I'm def not heading over to the Sugarpova shop.

All of that is for fans. I'm here to watch tennis.

·
Registered
15,425 Posts
Same here.

I don't care about the PR stuff their PR people post on Facebook; I don't feel a need to interact with them on Twitter; it's not a goal in life to get retweeted; I'm not inclined to ogle female players on Instagram… and I'm def not heading over to the Sugarpova shop.

All of that is for fans. I'm here to watch tennis.
a few players manage there own social media, it's not all PR crap

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
But you just happened to click on and reply to this thread, something you’re completely disinterested in? Okay.
Yes I (also) do! Because it became a annoyance when high profil sport stars use it 99% for PR as promo stage #sugarpova :rolleyes:
Sometimes you want let out the anger about things, you know? ;)

Ana is worst example, started with it against will but authentic and ended :banghead:

I love her and others when playing tennis but the pressure to make it a image campaign account sucks! Prefer the way Aga does (not) ;)

·
Registered
15,784 Posts
a few players manage there own social media, it's not all PR crap
Well obviously the journeywomen & scrubs do all their own status updates and tweets because they don't have fb/twitter-handlers (marketing agents) and sponsors with automatic "third party editor" access to their social media accounts.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
i used to always look at anas twitter and instagram until they did an 'ask ana' session and it wasnt even ana answering the questions ffs

that was rude
It is a fine line between reality and pretend or clever and stupid or lie and white lie :angel:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Ana's updates are too much about looking pretty... her latest video is 'How Ana Ivanovic Styles the Ultimate Tennis Ponytail' - i'm not joking.
It was different (twitter and instagram at least) before her management undertake! Now is all about her future career after tennis. :mad:

With very little moments of authentic instagram Ana when Basti was with her in Paris and London :inlove:

·
Registered
19,327 Posts
Had to check Ivanovic's account on Instagram… just to see what you were talking about.

This is the kind of thing I have no interest in:

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
I don't follow any of them either. If I want information, I go look for it myself, I don't trust posts that are often "massaged" by their handlers. Some of them ARE hilarious though... I remember reading Berdych's stuff BEFORE he got hooked up, priceless.

What I really don't like is that many people just use it as a way to placate their need for attention... oh look everyone, I just took a crap, please "like" me :rolleyes:
not many people, all people, that's what social media is all about :lol:

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Ana's updates are too much about looking pretty... her latest video is 'How Ana Ivanovic Styles the Ultimate Tennis Ponytail' - i'm not joking.
to be fair to ana, ive always really wanted to know how they did her ponytail, so that story was very exciting for me:D

hopefully next article is about how she puts on her shoes, thats something else ive always wanted to know

1 - 20 of 61 Posts