Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always loved watching Jelena Jankovic for her footwork, it was like a work of art, especially on clay.

Steffi Graf would be among my favourites in this subject too.

·
Registered
117,411 Posts
Kasatkina moves around gracefully. Old days, Myskina

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Steffi Graf by far.

From the current players I think Iga is up there with the best.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Graf! The blueprint for modern tennis footwork

·
Registered
13,772 Posts
Steffi by far the best ever. Arantxa and Justine also had brilliant footwork. This era probably Simona is the best

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
15,245 Posts
Steffi had the best footwork, but it was almost too busy to be called beautiful. She left nothing to chance, and it looked like it.

I say Goolagong.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Steffi had amazing footwork but it was so bouncy and inefficient looking that I always thought that she used it as a means of intimidating her opponent with her fitness more than anything else. Bouncing up and down that much for two hours is quite the carido workout, add to that all the regular physical exertion that has to be done. To be bouncing up and down like that in the third set had to psyche some opponents out, especially Sabatini, who always appeared to be dragging in the third, win or lose. That's why I mentioned Evert, because her footwork was so efficient, it's also probably why nobody besides myself has mentioned it, she very rarely missed or was off-balance but it all looked so 'basic'.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts