Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which players are religious? I know that Maria Sharapova is very religious. Are there any others? I think maybe Chanda Rubin.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Well didn't Venus say that she prayed when the rain delay happened semis Wimbledon? I think Williams, and probably...hmm Sharapova for doin that thank god motion when she beat dokic :eek:

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Venus is just as religious as Serena. She mentions Jehovah just as much. ;)

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
VeNuS FoReVeR said:
Venus is just as religious as Serena. She mentions Jehovah just as much. ;)
I dunno about religion but Venus has definitely been the more modest one in the past couple years :eek:

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
The most religious on the WTA Tour the last few years (now seemingly retired along with dubs partner Brie) was Melissa Middleton. I swear to God... :p

·
Registered
7,475 Posts
Mary Pierce is a devout Catholic. Bethanie Mattek is also a devout Christian and think Mary Joe Fernandez is one also.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
16,136 Posts
safina is muslim right? i heard something about her bro. being a muslim i dont know about her

·
Registered
263 Posts
MartyFan said:
safina is muslim right? i heard something about her bro. being a muslim i dont know about her
are you serious! wow... I didn't know that!
sorry if that sounds funny... but I'm not really sure what religion most people in Russia follow

·
Registered
35,916 Posts
TenniSta said:
oh yes i forgot mary! catholic ary, wat an angel!
Monica Seles is catholic as well. I don't know what religion Ansley Cargill is but she always looks up at the sky whenever she wins so I'm assuming she is religious. Anna Pistolesi is Jewish as well. Holly Parkinson, a recently retired player, was a devout Mormon.

·
Registered
35,916 Posts
G_Slammed said:
Michael Chang. Won't be surprised if he ends up a regular on TBN.
LOL. Did you read his book? I swear there was a bible quote and/or something praising Jesus on every page. He even tried to convince people to convert on the last 5 pages :eek:

·
Banned
51 Posts
Religous people are generally douchebags who have no mind of their own, so hopefully none of my faves are religous.

Reactions: Mark43
1 - 20 of 274 Posts